Picus Aberdeenshire

Andymacp

2 hours ago, Andymacp said:

Why ?

I've turned up to do a couple of Picus tests now where I was greeted with an hours worth of Ivy stripping I wasn't informed about, or other obstacles that make it impossible to get around the tree. If someone isn't familiar with the process then they could easily overlook something, like the tree being flush against a wall for example.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

I've turned up to do a couple of Picus tests now where I was greeted with an hours worth of Ivy stripping I wasn't informed about, or other obstacles that make it impossible to get around the tree. If someone isn't familiar with the process then they could easily overlook something, like the tree being flush against a wall for example.

I did a Picus last week where there was a huge rose bush around base to a height of 1.5m, they didn't want me to cut it down at first!  Not sure how they thought I was going to put the sensors on the tree. 

You don't fancy Aberdeen the Steve?  :-)  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Yep i'd do it, for £2500 + vat ?

That's isn't a bad price mate considering the travel and accommodation you would need.  I worked it out slightly less but I am lot closer and not VAT reg!!!  Its still and 8 hour drive each way so not exactly competitive.  I thought about flying but can you imagine taking a Picus through the scanner at the airport in its black case!