Staff woes

simonm

I don't think it's testosterone.. Most of the young lads I employ have more then enough. Swaggering about puffing their chests and fighting is one of the challenges you have to deal with when employing groups of young men..

I know what you mean Ben, it’s not too unusual for me to have to get myself between them when the pushing and shouting and swinging starts. I’m not having that on my work site.
  • Sad 1

Back in 2001 me and my BIL had hired a couple of motorbikes and were off-roading on the island of Koh Samui.

We we’re getting pretty remote and considered ourselves a bit expeditionary, wondered I’d we’d discover any new species, then we heard a sound....

Down the hill came one of those Honda Heroes with a sidecar, bloke talking to someone on his Nokia, wearing a Manchester United shirt, gave us a nod and continued on his way.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Back in 2001 me and my BIL had hired a couple of motorbikes and were off-roading on the island of Koh Samui.

We we’re getting pretty remote and considered ourselves a bit expeditionary, wondered I’d we’d discover any new species, then we heard a sound....

Down the hill came one of those Honda Heroes with a sidecar, bloke talking to someone on his Nokia, wearing a Manchester United shirt, gave us a nod and continued on his way.

My mate Neil is a deceptively capable cyclist. He has pedal clips (largely hidden) in the bottom of a pair of sandals. He goes for a ride at weekends on his touring bike, wearing the sandals and a floppy hat and generally looking quite relaxed. Weekend warriors in lycra on £3000 carbon bikes are drawn in like moths to a flame and push past him, at which point he calmly steps on it, keeps them on the hook until they're half dead and then pulls away up a hill to find a pub.

I do the opposite. Any time I do a fell race, I wear a collared shirt. People think I'm some hard as fuck farmer's son who's used to the route but doing it with a sheep on one shoulder and a roll of fence wire on the other. As it happens, I'm desperately unfit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, AHPP said:

My mate Neil is a deceptively capable cyclist. He has pedal clips (largely hidden) in the bottom of a pair of sandals. He goes for a ride at weekends on his touring bike, wearing the sandals and a floppy hat and generally looking quite relaxed. Weekend warriors in lycra on £3000 carbon bikes are drawn in like moths to a flame and push past him, at which point he calmly steps on it, keeps them on the hook until they're half dead and then pulls away up a hill to find a pub.

I do the opposite. Any time I do a fell race, I wear a collared shirt. People think I'm some hard as fuck farmer's son who's used to the route but doing it with a sheep on one shoulder and a roll of fence wire on the other. As it happens, I'm desperately unfit.

Neil sounds like a bastard, an amusing one, but nevertheless..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AHPP said:

Anyone who puts Lycra on to go for a bike ride (and isn’t being paid to wear it) deserves all the humiliation they receive.

I know there is a swearing thread at the moment and generally the tone is unfortunately being lowered on here but I’m struggling to find a better word than bellends for these people..... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

Anyone who puts Lycra on to go for a bike ride (and isn’t being paid to wear it) deserves all the humiliation they receive.

I know there is a swearing thread at the moment and generally the tone is unfortunately being lowered on here but I’m struggling to find a better word than bellends for these people..... 

With the word men in Lycra,,,, I think they wanty you to see their ferret. ?

a bit like that sausage wallet and her fella.... let me find it...? I ?????

WWW.THESUN.CO.UK

KATIE Price has solved the mystery of why she has become so obsessed with new boyfriend Kris Boyson in...