Which bollard?

Treetom15

GRCS is well out of my budget unfortunately [emoji23] hence looking at the rc3001-has anyone used this setup compared to a GRCS? 

I think for the money it would be a great start to using pretensioned lines ... you can rig with out but it does open up a lot more possibilities.
I’ve only looked at the 3001 when reg was doing demos at the APF years back and it looked a capable bit of kit.

1 hour ago, Dan Maynard said:

More of a budget option I suppose but for self employed type jobs I went for Tree Runner P500, save £100 over the rc2001, it's lighter and easier to set up by one person. Really happy with it and worth the extra over a portawrap.

Seems to be only Honey Bros that stock them for some reason.

I looked at that, it seems decent but I was slightly put off by the large spikes/teeth cut into the backing plate, which would mean there’s absolutely no chance of using it on a tree that wasn’t being removed? 

I have a RC3001 great for the money bomb proof and I like to take big bits [emoji4] it's very true that having the ability to pre tension lines is great or lift but I would be honest with yourself how many trees do take down are they close to buildings or other targets is this common If not it's not as important I cut trees down for a living every day I dont do anything els I maybe need to lift In a lowering scenario couple times a month pre tension more but that's doing it every day If u are doing pruning hedges and other stuff I would think far less often get the best you can afford they last forever pretty much

5 hours ago, Treetom15 said:

I looked at that, it seems decent but I was slightly put off by the large spikes/teeth cut into the backing plate, which would mean there’s absolutely no chance of using it on a tree that wasn’t being removed? 

The p500 doesn't have spikes on the back it has 4 rubber pads. I've had it for a few years now and well happy with it.

I've removed a few decent sized trees on my 2001. There've been a few times where a grcs would be nice but when you're putting the branches through a 6" chipper into a transit it's not the end of the world to have to rig slightly smaller.

Are you going self employed as as climber? My 2001 has earned me fuckall extra as a subby so I wouldn't say it's worth it.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Duncan. said:

The p500 doesn't have spikes on the back it has 4 rubber pads. I've had it for a few years now and well happy with it.

My bad, I was looking at the P3000 ? 

Are you going self employed as as climber? My 2001 has earned me fuckall extra as a subby so I wouldn't say it's worth it.  

11 minutes ago, Joe Newton said:

In the near future yes, I would agree that whilst it’s not vital to have a rigging kit as a subby climber, with the companies I would be looking to work for it would make you more appealing, plus I get a decent amount of my own work so I hope once it’s paid for itself it would be a good asset to have!

• Like 1