Greaser’s Heaven

Billhook

7 hours ago, gdh said:

I'm not sure it will catch on, it looks nice and the end could be an improvement for loader arms but it looks more effort than an electric one and I would rather carry my milwaukee around than that. The milwaukee is 10000psi as well and the battery lasts a few cartridges so there's nothing else to carry.

Only reason I think ends aren't like that already is they wouldn't fit through the holes in the guard of a pto shaft or similar. 

When a person invents autolube for shafts I'll be very happy. :)

Watch the second video as he has an extension piece at 46 seconds.    As for grovelling underneath to grease a propshaft, you can just take the pipe and clamp it on and leave it.  I am not sure about the top of the County though!    I have an old 1124 with a roof crane and it is redundant at the moment and I cannot remember the amount of grease points up there, but if it is anything like the amount of grease needed for my JCB 806 swing shovel 's gear ring i it would be worth taking it up there with a forklift!

It is not a question of doing a rain dance on the thing as it seems to push a lot of grease through with just one pump.

The point is that for me it works, and if it works I am happy and if I am happy things will be greased that otherwise might be ignored.

• Like 1

At least their g-coupler is definitely worth it, use it since 3 years now and it's really less frustrating than the regular couplers.

But it's an illussion to belivieve it won't get messy. In the end you have it grease-covered like it's collegues in addition it's a little long and it won't fit in tight corners. The ease of use cuts it. 

If it ever breaks, I would buy it again on the spot. 

• Like 1

My take on this is "horses for courses", anyway from my experience the biggest issue is getting the coupler to attatch and stay on the zerk/nipple, and while easy to access zerks/nipples may allow for complicated fancy bulky couplers, the ackward buggers generally require a small/short/neat/angled/bent coupler.

That first video was "pants" and misleading to boot, as releasing the pressure at the pump, will do little to release the pressure at the nipple/zerk, depending on the length of the delivery tube, the bore diameter and the thickness of the grease!

But the release mechanism at the coupler looks to be a good idea.

And yes, the infalliable rule, grease gets everywhere except where it is most needed.

Especially the black PBL stuff!

Edited by difflock

I’m intending to get a Dewalt battery one very soon, as the Logbullet is covered in grease nipples (The only nipples I get to fondle these days unfortunately!)

Only getting Dewalt one as have cordless and impact driver all ready so can share batteries out between them all. I tried a Milwaukee one and was very impressed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, difflock said:

My take on this is "horses for courses", anyway from my experience the biggest issue is getting the coupler to attatch and stay on the zerk/nipple, and while easy to access zerks/nipples may allow for complicated fancy bulky couplers, the ackward buggers generally require a small/short/neat/angled/bent coupler.

That first video was "pants" and misleading to boot, as releasing the pressure at the pump, will do little to release the pressure at the nipple/zerk, depending on the length of the delivery tube, the bore diameter and the thickness of the grease!

But the release mechanism at the coupler looks to be a good idea.

And yes, the infalliable rule, grease gets everywhere except where it is most needed.

Especially the black PBL stuff!

It is true that there are many  impossible nipples that need special ends and in the past I have had to buy another gun with a fitting for that particular nipple but it is not the case with my current machinery

The kicking up of the pedal really does release the pressure and make it easy to take the nozzle off the nipple whatever your theory on the subject!

• Like 1

Just now, Billhook said:

It is true that there are many  impossible nipples that need special ends and in the past I have had to buy another gun with a fitting for that particular nipple but it is not the case with my current machinery

The kicking up of the pedal really does release the pressure and make it easy to take the nozzle off the nipple whatever your theory on the subject!

Never seen a post with so many nipples in it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Billhook said:

Hmmm,

Anyway, perhaps I misquoted myself, anyway, thinking over what I stated, I concluded that I never was aware that there was a non-return valve in grease guns, why would there be when there is a non-return valve built into the grease nipple itself?(and I must pull a scrap one apart, the first wet day, to double check) so unless this foot operated grease gun incorporates a non-return valve, how would "releasing" the pressure make any difference, or does it perhaps "suck" the grease back a tad?.

But then why do they also need to provide an easy release coupler?

I worry about these kind of things.

Cheers

marcusthehatter.

Edited by difflock

I had been thinking about getting a cordless grease gun for a while so ordered one today, I get fed up of greasing diggers every 10 hours so hopefully it won't be such a bind.
Decided to go with the Milwaukee 18v, mainly because I can use the batteries from the impact wrench which made it quite a bit cheaper.

• Like 1