Customer gave me this collection on Friday.

lux

One of my customers is clearing out their newly acquired outbuildings whilst I was there on friday. Got some nice bits for the workshop and this pile of saws. The 020 runs sweet. The 031 will become a nice workshop ornament although I’m tempted to run it up for a bit of fun. The husky 340 runs perfectly. No spark on the 024 but compression is good so shouldn’t take much to get running. The 340 will get a new bar and chain and come to work. Chipper saw I think. If I get the 024 going I’ll get it looking nice and give it a new bar and chain and I’ll give it to my groundie Tim. IMG_3685.jpgIMG_3687.jpgIMG_3688.jpgIMG_3689.jpgIMG_3690.jpg

• Like 12

The 020 looks nice, the rest....meh.

I had a client with an 020 like that as his firewood saw, I couldn’t tempt him out of it.

A nice little collection though, lucky bugger.

Ha. I don’t think they are going to be mainstays of the daily fleet [emoji23]. I like the old stihls as collection bits. A bonus if they run. The old logo on the 031 is cool.
The little husky might be handy. Normally the smallest ground saws I buy are 50cc but hey it’s free [emoji4].
Some cool stuff at the property. There is an antique saw mill in one barn. There is a local rural museum that has a working vintage mill so hopefully it will be donated to them. I do love a good rummage through an old barn [emoji23][emoji106]
  • Like 1

The 020 looks nice, the rest....meh.

I had a client with an 020 like that as his firewood saw, I couldn’t tempt him out of it.

A nice little collection though, lucky bugger.

The 020 still has its original book. Probably not many of those about. IMG_3691.jpg
  • Like 3

An undamaged clutch cover on a 020 is the rarest bit to find on them, ask anyone who ran one as a day to day climbing  and you will get a story of how they melted a pair of trousers or got a burn from the exhaust due to the rear of the clutch cover being gone ! And yes I know from the results ! Oh and the trick of stopping the choke from coming on by sticking a bit of bark or sliver of timber stopping the little tab from getting caught in the tree was very quickly learned.. 

An undamaged clutch cover on a 020 is the rarest bit to find on them, ask anyone who ran one as a day to day climbing  and you will get a story of how they melted a pair of trousers or got a burn from the exhaust due to the rear of the clutch cover being gone ! And yes I know from the results ! Oh and the trick of stopping the choke from coming on by sticking a bit of bark or sliver of timber stopping the little tab from getting caught in the tree was very quickly learned.. 

She’s all complete. I would say by condition it was never used as a climbing saw. Perfect collectors bit for the work shop [emoji4][emoji106].

You can keep the 020.....just down to the fact you have to dismantle the whole machine to get to the carb and that makes them the spawn of the devil!
340 - nice saw, good AV and the 024 should be nice when done. Make the 031 in to a coffee table!

Come on spud don’t be like that. I was going to send the 020 to you for porting ...........[emoji13]
Yes the little 340 seems alright to be fair. Much prefer small husky saws to stihl. That 353 you ported for me is a flyer.
New coil and the 024 should be up and running.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1