What kit is needed to do my Climbing and Rope Rescue Training...

Jamie Jones

On 11/07/2019 at 19:56, Dan Maynard said:

I went to a training centre where they lend kit, if like me you hadn't climbed before then I would recommend this approach as it was really good to learn and talk about kit on the course before buying. You might also absolutely hate heights and then decide on a different plan.

Have you sorted where to get training? That would be one to ask for recommendations on, depends where you are in the country of course.

I’m going on a course in November for the tree access & rescue then the working with chainsaw from harness, my question to you is what should I be working on practicing wise until I start the course.

I thought about this, here are a couple of ideas:

Knots - bowline, prussic loop onto rope, double fishermans, distel, figure 8 would be the ones on my first course. Difficult to spend enough time with everything else going on to really learn the knots.

Exercise - climbing seems to use different muscles to anything else, any time in the harness is good as long as you are under enough supervision to be safe

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/09/2019 at 21:42, Dan Maynard said:

I thought about this, here are a couple of ideas:

Knots - bowline, prussic loop onto rope, double fishermans, distel, figure 8 would be the ones on my first course. Difficult to spend enough time with everything else going on to really learn the knots.

Exercise - climbing seems to use different muscles to anything else, any time in the harness is good as long as you are under enough supervision to be safe

Does speed in accessing and working around in the tree or taking your time, I’m in the view if I take my time and go at my safe working pace I’ll be a lot safer and less likely to have an accident. 

On 06/08/2019 at 22:32, Cheesy pete said:

nope  you should have no anchor point as the accident has happened with all the canopy cut already  !

all that is left is the stem .

so you have to spike up and past the casualty and set up a false anchor and then attach casualy like a normal rescue and lower 

.... So... He doesnt have to be from Warsaw then.... Think thats where i went wrong :/ k