How old is your stove :)

Oil shouldn't do any harm as long as it is a tin wipe over but might smoke a bit on start-up but not sure that is an issue.  On the inside it will burn off very quickly.  Not convinced WD-40 will do any good though.  It evaporates quite rapidly so will leave next to nothing on the surface.  I see people use WD-40 for lots of stuff where it will have questionable benefits but it smells nice, cleans quite well and will not do any harm.

Yes I if I did the inside I'd try to keep it off the bricks, although I doubt they would suffer in the slightest I'd remove them and spray the body behind them.  The baffle in my stoves have a few rust spots so I'd do that maybe... That's about it.

• 4 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  

• Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.