Van Insurance

Suilven

16 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Had a prang John?

someone crashed into us at a junction, it was our right of way. it’s been a battle with our insurance company since the whole thing happened. low ball repair estimates, missed damage, low ball salvage value, vehicle moved to salvage yard before a decision had been made, removal of personal items without permission and no idea when these will be returned. insurance company saying one thing and doing another. the list goes on.....and all this from a company that is supposed to be acting on my behalf

worst service i’ve ever experienced 

Just an update for you all.

NFU said postcode not rural, I'm in a city to be fair, they said the same of the alternate postcode I gave on the edge of the city.

Major insurers all said no, brokers said no, some didn't even bother to respond to enquries I made by phone presumably after the postcode was mentioned, and very local brokers finally said no this afternoon, I asked a few and the reason is always postcode.

Back to the old drawing board for now I guess.

Anyways, thanks one and all for your tips and suggestions, much appreciated.

13 minutes ago, Suilven said:

Just an update for you all.

NFU said postcode not rural, I'm in a city to be fair, they said the same of the alternate postcode I gave on the edge of the city.

Major insurers all said no, brokers said no, some didn't even bother to respond to enquries I made by phone presumably after the postcode was mentioned, and very local brokers finally said no this afternoon, I asked a few and the reason is always postcode.

Back to the old drawing board for now I guess.

Anyways, thanks one and all for your tips and suggestions, much appreciated.

where the hell do you live?

Currently with “one call insurance” not for arb work, just personal use but its obviously a commercial policy being a van. Before that Hastings insurance, before that Budget insurance, before that Axa insurance and before that i forgets!!!.... [emoji848] keep trying, you’ll find something.
Would avoid Transits personally but each and to their own.
Surprised NFU couldnt quote reasonable for ya.

15 hours ago, Cheesy pete said:

where the hell do you live?

Not too far from you, Liverpool, Toxteth, it's moved on a lot from the riots in the 80s but try telling insurers that! The few gangbangers remaining round here, they just bother with their own kind, we inhabit the same space but live in a different sphere as I'm sure it is in most large cities.

Thanks @Ratman will take your advice on trying other brands of van too.

Am away for a long weekend just in case anyone thinks I just rocked up to ask one question then did a disappearing act once said question was answered.

• Like 1