Most expensive single tree removal you have done ?

bigtreedon

No idea of the cost but this was another large job I was involved in on the ground.  3 days and 12 or so Lombardiis, and Oak and a cherry.  Some other details in the thread.

Network rail closure for 3 days.  To add.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

No idea of the cost but this was another large job I was involved in on the ground.  3 days and 12 or so Lombardiis, and Oak and a cherry.  Some other details in the thread.

Network rail closure for 3 days.  To add.

Pretty sure it would be hard to find a more expensive tree job than that! 

We’ve done some big ones - have had £5k traffic management costs (which is a scam in itself as the bulk of it goes to the highways agency) before a saw is started, but anything involving closing a railway is telephone book numbers...

• Like 1

I did a oak removal in the usa with a 200 tone crane $9800 in the uk as far as I no been that I dont always no what people are charging for the trees i do was a horse chestnut £5800 no crane be interested to hear some of the southern lads am sure that's pocket change in London prices?

I’ve got one that we’re planning at the moment. £4700. Nasty tree though to be fair.
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

Pretty sure it would be hard to find a more expensive tree job than that! 

We’ve done some big ones - have had £5k traffic management costs (which is a scam in itself as the bulk of it goes to the highways agency) before a saw is started, but anything involving closing a railway is telephone book numbers...

It was a fair few years ago and the memory isn't all that these daze!

If I remember correctly it was 10K per day shutdown for Network rail and then we had to wait for their say so.  It was done over a bank holiday weekend.  5 or 6  guys on site, minimum double time, triple for the monday.  MEWP, 50M tower crane for 2 days then the 60M for the last day.  Grab lorries coming and going most of the day, plus special mats had to be fabricated for the cranes.  The Mats were 12K a piece x 4.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ecotreecare said:

We regularly remove single trees for 5-6k (NZ) starting one today actually. Should take two days for 3 guys, 12” bandit and 5t excavator. 

How many NZ dollars to remove this bit of willow?

(only joking, your guys were a credit to your country)

DF497323-6982-477C-9901-63DDE072655D.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Nz dollar isn’t worth a lot is it? One of my developers is from New Zealand. He usually invoices me in US dollars but accidentally invoiced me in NZ dollars a few months ago. He was quick to rectify his mistake, but not as quick as I was to pay the original invoice [emoji16]

Even better if it was Jamaican dollars.