Most expensive single tree removal you have done ?

bigtreedon

Was part of a crew that reduced a Very Large London Plane tree in London.  2 climbers  and 2 or 3 groundsmen for 2 days. 

No idea of the cost but the company wasn't cheap and every bit had to be lowered.  The tree covered 6 gardens.

It was a long time ago... and probably the most expensive RJ I have been involved with.

• Like 2

Priced a leylandi removal in Chelsea everything had to go up steps from garden through house and down steps, no parking outside house.The house was immaculate white walls and carpets.turned up on day one to find street closed and big crane lifting in conservatory, turned out tree was in way so they lifted it out and laid it in the road  home by five £3600 plus the vat. And I bought a lottery ticket  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TIMON said:

Insurance work on a v large 196 year old wind blown oak.

5 guys, 3 grab loaders, 1 avant, 1 busy day. (Plus one days milling and still got a few lumps left to mill.)

£3800 + vat.

IMG_2165.jpgIMG_2166.jpgIMG_2167.jpgIMG_2168.jpgIMG_2169.jpgIMG_2171.jpg

And a lot of chains by the look of it! 

As a point of interest do you make any money out of that chainsaw milling malarkey with clients?

I would rather get in, do the tree, get paid and get out. 

Surely you’ll make more on the next tree job than hanging around there making a load of noise and dust for some boards that they never realised they wanted till you talked them into it?

• Like 2

And a lot of chains by the look of it! 
As a point of interest do you make any money out of that chainsaw milling malarkey with clients?
I would rather get in, do the tree, get paid and get out. 
Surely you’ll make more on the next tree job than hanging around there making a load of noise and dust for some boards that they never realised they wanted till you talked them into it?

I have to tell the truth Mick, The job was at our own place as ‘we’ were the only firm that could get there in time to get the road cleared. The storm hit at about 4 in the morning I was awake and heard a mighty crash/crunch from outside.
I looked outside and the biggest oak we had, had come down in the wind.
The insurance company were happy with our quote and the neighbours in the Cul-de-sac behind us were able to use the road by 11 am.
A mate brought his mill on a later day. I sold the rest of the timber to a firewood guy and we kept the the big lumps for ourselves to slab and plank .
Bit of a unique opportunity although I was gutted to lose my favourite tree. (About 25t of timber)
We tried milling on another customers job, similar size, and like you said, we would have been better off just ringing up and getting away to the next job.
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, dumper said:

Priced a leylandi removal in Chelsea everything had to go up steps from garden through house and down steps, no parking outside house.The house was immaculate white walls and carpets.turned up on day one to find street closed and big crane lifting in conservatory, turned out tree was in way so they lifted it out and laid it in the road  home by five £3600 plus the vat. And I bought a lottery ticket  

That is brilliant . God loves you . Me he hates .

• Haha 2