Most expensive single tree removal you have done ?

bigtreedon

That's a sickener when that happens ....[emoji846]

Learned a lot, bought a lot of kit outright (some from you), still made some money. It was early in my tree career. Not a hard job but not an easy one either. Once I’d done it, I knew I could confidently take on serious work. Very worthwhile to me.

EDIT: Not that I would have minded an extra two grand clean profit on top of course...

• Like 1

Here is a €5k+ Macrocarpa, criminal act really to build your house under it's canopy then complain about the possibility of it toppling on your property.

Another €5k+ was a long dead Lebanon cedar, too fragile to climb, too big too fell. One of the rare occasions we hired in a MEWP.

I snapped the apprentice just as he dropped the 441 with it caught in a chog bending the bar.

I was on fire duty below as the exhaust kept igniting the dust and dozens of logs set to smouldering, curiously difficult to extinguish too burning deep inside where water wouldn't penetrate.

Stuart

20171002_093900.jpg

FB_IMG_1559976333958.jpg

• Like 2

We've done several at £3k, I'm struggling to think of one more than that. 

I once looked at a job for a management company, I thought £1800 for 3 elms to fell, then just before I sent the quote I noticed the original email was the end of a long string of messages. I scrolled down several messages to find a quote from the other competitor who we often quoted against with this firm. £5400! They were delighted with my extremely competitive quote of £3800. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Tom D said:

We've done several at £3k, I'm struggling to think of one before that. 

I once looked at a job for a management company, I thought £1800 for 3 elms to fell, then just before I sent the quote I noticed the original email was the end of a long string of messages. I scrolled down several messages to find a quote from the other competitor who we often quoted against with this firm. £5400! They were delighted with my extremely competitive quote of £3800. 

Nice one! And could you have made money if you'd done it for £1800? 

18 minutes ago, Tom D said:

We've done several at £3k, I'm struggling to think of one more than that. 

This has happened before to me and no doubt my info also shared unwittingly with others.

I was going to relate one particularly painfull one to you all but as I began to recall the details, I felt my piss begin to boil.

As I am relaxing in Morocco, the last thing I need right now on top of an excellent lamb tagine is a bladder of boiled piss followed by an online diatribe of bile topped with a hollow promise of cold revenge.

Stuart

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

Was that shite access Stevie?

I remember that big redwood you dropped but I’m pretty sure that stayed there.

Poor access and just Big!

It was on the corner of 4 gardens on a new terraces back garden on a hill!

26 tipper loads of logs, 4 chip and 4 sawdust.

If I was doing it now it would of be £2k and 3 days with machines.

It was a lot of money for me back then coming from £4.30 an hour 18 months before!

• Like 2