Crane removal video

Steve Bullman

2 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Why the v shaped cuts guys?
I’m guessing it aids in keeping control of the limbs, stops them from moving around and obviously gives the crane driver those extra few seconds grace to see you get clear after making the cut before he operates and moves on the controls?

Those were josh’s cuts, and yes you are pretty much spot on

• Like 1

I’m not taking away from the fact that you did a professional job in getting the tree down but It is a shame the owner felt he had to or was advised to ring bark it to prevent Norwich City Council putting a TPO on it .

It was a bit of a feature that tree on Branksome Close and carefully looked after by the previous owner of the house for many years with several different  contractors pruning it in that time .

New Owner =no tree and pissed off neighbours!

20 minutes ago, Philip Anderson said:

I’m not taking away from the fact that you did a professional job in getting the tree down but It is a shame the owner felt he had to or was advised to ring bark it to prevent Norwich City Council putting a TPO on it .

It was a bit of a feature that tree on Branksome Close and carefully looked after by the previous owner of the house for many years with several different  contractors pruning it in that time .

Yep agree, it was a shame up to a point. However its the client who has to live with the tree, not the neighbours and with it not being TPO'd were well within their rights to do what they did. It was a nice tree I have to say.

The neighbouring properties who were directly affected by the trees presence certainly didn't look like pissed off neighbours to me, in fact they watched most of the job being carried out over the course of the day.

Why is it that people want to tell other people what to do with their trees ? If my neighbour was gunner paint his house yellow I might not like it and most probably the other neighbour's would think it lowered the tone of the street but I wouldn't try and tell him not to or ring the council we need to get away from busy body interfering ways it's no good !

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Yep agree, it was a shame up to a point. However its the client who has to live with the tree, not the neighbours and with it not being TPO'd were well within their rights to do what they did. It was a nice tree I have to say.

The neighbouring properties who were directly affected by the trees presence certainly didn't look like pissed off neighbours to me, in fact they watched most of the job being carried out over the course of the day.

Not the Walnuts complex behind Steve which has an area TPO on it they asked me for a report on the tree along with several other residents.

That site has been managed sustainably for the past 20 years and we’ve planted 15 -20 new trees to create an uneven aged tree stock.

i agree with you Steve about the owners rights but why buy a house with a big tree if you obviously don’t want it.Buy a house in a field or on an industrial estate.

Were loosing too many big ones in my opinion.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1