Arb / Forestry Chainsaw Wear

Jamie Jones

Looking to get some good hard wearing chainsaw trousers and jackets for Arb / Forestry work for both the summer and winter.. Plus some water proof wear for the winter work that is also breathable and comfortable.  I have been using the 'STIHL FUNCTION ERGO Chainsaw Trousers & Jacket which was good to get me going.... But I would like to get some get that is comfortable, hard wearing when working all day in different conditions while not breaking the bank....

Q1) What  would people recommend for summer and winter work?

Q2) And what would people recommend for the wet weather?

Looking to get some good hard wearing chainsaw trousers and jackets for Arb / Forestry work for both the summer and winter.. Plus some water proof wear for the winter work that is also breathable and comfortable.  I have been using the 'STIHL FUNCTION ERGO Chainsaw Trousers & Jacket which was good to get me going.... But I would like to get some get that is comfortable, hard wearing when working all day in different conditions while not breaking the bank....

I really like the arbortec breathflex pro trousers , so far this summer not been too hot Atall, but haven't had them for the winter yet :)

In answer to your second question I can rate the harkie smock [emoji106]

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jamie Jones said:

Just asked Vesp .....

• Haha 2

Hi Jamie

Go and see Cambrian Power in Tregaron or Jones Hardware in Hay on Wye and try on the SIP Protection trousers, for wet weather look at the SIP Protection Kieu Jacket and trousers. If your looking for budget wet weather jacket and trousers look at the Sioen Flexothane. For Waterproof boots use Haix with 4 layer goretex waterproof membrane.

Other stockists are Powells in Wormbridge, Mansell Griffiths in Pencader and Forest Park & Garden in Pontypridd

My opinion is you've got to try trousers on unless you are Mr Average size and shape. Pfanners are often recommended but I didn't find them comfortable, not enough room to move.

I was trying to get longer legs, also went Arbortec pro which do seem a lot tougher than the standard Arbortec which rip if you stare at them too hard, I would definitely avoid those.