mcculloch dakota 442 tension

gsc1ugs

I have the above saw and cant work out what aprt is missing to tension the bar, there is a lever but it does have any way of pushing the bar forward it seems, see pics please and any help is appreciated. Ive marked the part that should put tension on the bar but i think something is missing i dont know what

MacCat442_1.gif

wra62jrvwdfvys2an3rm (1).jpg

wra62jrvwdfvys2an3rm.jpg

Looks like there should be some thing on the bar - if you zoom in on exploded parts diagram there is something there but it's not at all clear. Something like a bolt shank ? 

Are you still using the original bar? 

Other than that, I guess you wind back the spring lever widget thingee while fitting the side cover over the bar studs then release the spring to push against the feature in the bar .....

All a bit of a punt,  not seen one like this before. 

bmp01

Yes i saw that, i wonder if it goes straight through, trouble is, this is so called a 442 bar and it hasn't got it

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

McCulloch CS340, CS360, CS380. Large Range of Chainsaw Chain, Bar and Chain Combination Kits for most popular Petrol and Electric Chainsaws. Non Genuine Chain suitable for the...

This is the tooless adjustment , as others have said there should be a ratchet plate on the guide bar that appears to be missing on the new bar, I have never seen this part as spare. I can sort a part number out if you wish for the correct bar.