What would you charge?

AWarb00

Is part of a wider picture on just how much time people spend on online bulls hitting.  This thread packed into abt 3 pages of pricing info n methods. Seems there are more people with risible views and ignorance online than actual worthy knowledgeable persons by 1:10. K

Edited by Khriss
Spare the rod and spoil the child !
  • Like 2

I think no two people will quote the same or more to the point do the job the same , personally I would go in with a minimum of a 4 man crew and expect to be out by day one.
My ideal crew would be 5 and consist of a decent lead climber , a decent second climber on the rigging, a well greased up saw operator to handle what’s been rigged out and guide tag lines another who can drive the avant or skid steer and share the tasks of general chipping and tea making duties... that’s in an ideal world and I would expect to be raking up at 4pm and the customer writing the cheque... alternately you could drag it out with three of you on site for a few days and that’s usually how it ends up being done for me.... then you end up with the monsters that’s take 5 of you 2 days.
Enjoyed climbing that tree mark .... well maybe finishing it as it was the stuff nightmares are made from but you and Shaun where absolutely spot on with the rigging keeping it smooth on a tree that was not easy, along with the grumpy Northumbrian on the JCB.
Interesting ,

At what point would you find it worth hiring in an Avant etc?

For a resi job like this is it worth it considering its in the front garden? Or would it speed up handling that much that it would pay for itself...just thinking out loud

3 minutes ago, AWarb00 said:

Interesting ,

For a resi job like this is it worth it considering its in the front garden? Or would it speed up handling that much that it would pay for itself...just thinking out loud

Get bloke in with a HIAB lorry, amaze yrself with how much bother it saves,  165 squid round here n a load of sawn logs fr his woodburner.  K

11 minutes ago, AWarb00 said:

Interesting ,

Not much point getting an avant in for a job unless the timber is coming away in large pieces IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stihlmadasever said:

If vesp has gone then stubby and eggs have no one to give dogs abuse.

Any volunteers too take up the slack??

I've no intention of abusing anyone (apart from Mr Johnson) I only got on Vesps case because he wouldn't leave it out. It seemed obvious to everyone apart from him that he was pissing folk off. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

• Like 3

Vesp has done about 3,419 posts of total shit

say each post takes him 30 seconds, a while cos he has to think of what bull shit he can make up next

that's 102,570 seconds he has spent typing worthless crap

that's works out to be about 28.5 hours worth 

what i'm saying is, before you waste another day of your life, leave arbtalk to the decent bunch of guys that are on here and carry on cutting your dandelions as far away as you possibly can

i'm happy to pay for a one way ticket for you, and i guess the rest would be willing to pay for the refreshments for the journey 

?‍♂️

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Stihl123 said:

Vesp has done about 3,419 posts of total shit

say each post takes him 30 seconds, a while cos he has to think of what bull shit he can make up next

that's 102,570 seconds he has spent typing worthless crap

that's works out to be about 28.5 hours worth ..........

....  I had a suspicion he had a ghost-writer, cannot  be that proliferous AND intelligent. K