What would you charge?

AWarb00

Day 1: Main climber A (climbing), second climber B (running ropes and dragging) and groundsman C (dragging and chipping). Maybe an incidental £100 labourer to drag if it’s bigger than the pictures suggest (it always is...).

Day 2: Second climber B and groundsman C. B predominantly ran the ropes yesterday so is rested enough to do the stem if it’s still up. It’s big but looks easy. Ideally no need for a truck and chipper today. Maybe add the cheap labourer to move wood if the wood is bigger than the pictures suggest (it always is...).

Credit where rare credit is due, I don’t think Vesp was far out on chipper hire and freelance worker costs and plenty of people will come with a Transit tipper for not much more money. I personally budget £250 for any man but many will work for less. You should be able to get a competent crew together for £1000 a day (including paying yourself as a worker) and then add more overhead amortisation and clean profit on top.

£2400 would cover you for all the blokes and gear for two days, when you’d really probably only need two of the blokes and the truck and chipper for one day. If you’re wrong, you’re safe. If you’re right, two blokes, saws and a sack barrow will make £1200 on the second day.

Good luck with it. I’d also be interested to hear how you priced it? These pricing threads are helpful.

EDITED TO ADD: Definitely have the labourer on day 1 so stuff still gets dragged and stacked on the driveway when someone is off tipping chip. Otherwise you’ll have a sea of brash and grind to a halt.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Vespasian said:

I dread to think you have a wife/partner in your life...?  Your conversation is revolting.  

Did you go to School at all?..   Brought up or dragged up... ?

Fixed it for you.

Now,it does appear that you see your presence here as beneficial to to the forum and the other members as your "friends".When in actual fact all of us would be highly amused and greatly relieved ,if for example you met your demise recreating the now famous "Pole saw and ladder incident".

Please pay someone to film it.Please.

I think no two people will quote the same or more to the point do the job the same , personally I would go in with a minimum of a 4 man crew and expect to be out by day one.
My ideal crew would be 5 and consist of a decent lead climber , a decent second climber on the rigging, a well greased up saw operator to handle what’s been rigged out and guide tag lines another who can drive the avant or skid steer and share the tasks of general chipping and tea making duties... that’s in an ideal world and I would expect to be raking up at 4pm and the customer writing the cheque... alternately you could drag it out with three of you on site for a few days and that’s usually how it ends up being done for me.... then you end up with the monsters that’s take 5 of you 2 days.
Enjoyed climbing that tree mark .... well maybe finishing it as it was the stuff nightmares are made from but you and Shaun where absolutely spot on with the rigging keeping it smooth on a tree that was not easy, along with the grumpy Northumbrian on the JCB.

• Like 6