What would you charge?

AWarb00

3 hours ago, Joe Newton said:

I'd personally be very interested to hear from start to finish how Vesper-Sean would go about this 2 man day dismantle.

Let's start from the beginning. What equipment are you turning up with?

He would be wearing some kind of Primark sports  t shirt for a start.

From there on in, only YouTube has the answer.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Yeah, I notice the amount of tree gangs driving around whenever I’m back in the UK.

I wonder where they all get the work?

It's bonkers Mick. I saw a post on Facebook for local recommendations for tree surgeons. The list was ridiculously long for what is a small town. Most that I know have alternative revenue streams to keep the wolf from the door.

I've enjoyed reading this everyone's different ways of tackling tree removals there is definitely pros and cons for cutting and chucking on some trees I personally tend to do it on smaller trees the time and extra wear on your body doing it bigger trees in my humble opinion is often not worth large soft woods with not many targets are different any time hydraulics can be used in any way that's the way to go even if it's only a part of the crown or heavy wood if u have it at your disposal use it if you have a good team and rope man and the tree is suitable lower big as you can many hands on the floor can process a limb allot faster than two hands In the tree every tree is different every sight is different so one formula to removal is not gunner be effective use what u have to its potential if its men get them working if its machines get it placed in the right position to be the most effective dont waste what u have buy not planning your sight correctly smart not hard I spend nearly all my time doing take downs or felling trees and it amazes me still when I go to sights how inefficient some companies teams are at it obsessed over chogging wood down when it could be lowered in big pieces or felled that's just one example!

• Like 9

Vesp, where's this "silent majority" you keep telling us about that agree with you?
Inside his head somewhere.

I can only imagine what he is saying since I made good use of the ignore button.
I would suggest others stop feeding the troll and do the same!

Actually, on reflection, no. I cant be arsed imagining what he is saying. I'm sure its irrelevant to the op's question and based on what the local knackers told him about tree work and a video he saw of some heavily tattooed "tree guy" while getting paid in tea and biscuits, because he ain't worth paying in actual money.

• Like 2

No wonder folks are terrified of tree quotes..  

That tree looks like a days work for two people, maybe another days worth tiding up and raking up...  two man first day, one man second..   

I suppose it depends on if your pulled out and need to get to the next job..  obviously then it'd be better to get more hands on the job...

looking at that garage and measuring that against the tree, it don't look as big as it seems..   going off some prices anyone would think it was a giant sequoia..

Surely “folks” should be terrified of tree quotes? If they are already expecting a high quote they won’t laugh us away when they hear ours?

If you have none of the kit how do you know it shouldn’t be thousands?

And to the OP, if you haven’t completed a job that size before or often, stick a high quote on it and enjoy it. Nothing takes the fun out of the job quick than knowing you’ve under quoted.

Definitely want 3 blokes, one on the lines and one chipping/stacking. And if possible convince the owner to let you take the timber away, rig it straight into a trailer.

One day 3 lads takedown, two trucks. one short morning 2 lads grinding/cleanup

£1,650 but may be wrong hard to judge from pictures
  • Like 1

Inside his head somewhere.

I can only imagine what he is saying since I made good use of the ignore button.
I would suggest others stop feeding the troll and do the same!

Actually, on reflection, no. I cant be arsed imagining what he is saying. I'm sure its irrelevant to the op's question and based on what the local knackers told him about tree work and a video he saw of some heavily tattooed "tree guy" while getting paid in tea and biscuits, because he ain't worth paying in actual money.

Nah don't bother, just spouting some shite about knowing all about the oil industry now [emoji849]

20 minutes ago, Martin du Preez said:

Surely “folks” should be terrified of tree quotes? If they are already expecting a high quote they won’t laugh us away when they hear ours?

If you have none of the kit how do you know it shouldn’t be thousands?

And to the OP, if you haven’t completed a job that size before or often, stick a high quote on it and enjoy it. Nothing takes the fun out of the job quick than knowing you’ve under quoted.

Definitely want 3 blokes, one on the lines and one chipping/stacking. And if possible convince the owner to let you take the timber away, rig it straight into a trailer.

One day 3 lads takedown, two trucks. one short morning 2 lads grinding/cleanup

£1,650 but may be wrong hard to judge from pictures

Hire in a climber for the day, 150 200 pound...   hire in a chipper for a couple of days... I don't know, 80 to 150..  hire a muck away truck 180 a day..  hire a couple of groundies for a day or two...   

climber 200

groundies 400

chipper 200

muck away truck 200

stump grinder ?...  not sure how much they are lets be generous 200..

So thats 1200 we'll give the climber a bonus if he brings a bunch of saws....   thats thirteen tops....

whats that?....   just over a grand...   the homeowner could save himself quite a bit if he could organize his own take down...

certainly wont be paying out no three an half grand.......   he gets his tree down, the lads get what they want for their services and everyones happy...

Now if you're a tree surgeon with all the gear, you'll be competing on price with other tree surgeons....   or in this case a fella with his head screwed on who ain't in the business of being ripped off.. three an half grand indeed....   

• Haha 1

Nah don't bother, just spouting some shite about knowing all about the oil industry now [emoji849]
Sounds relevant to your original question alright.
For what it's worth I'd class that job as difficult.. fragile targets, tight space and greater than average work involved in the chip and wood removal. Maybe suggest hiring a local gardener type to spread the chip, to keep it to a full Saturday and tidying/grinding on the sunday?
I usually work alone or as a two man crew, I'd have a man with me for two days and two days on my own at a guess.. I'm just looking at pics after all.
To do it as a weekend job you will need three onsite imo. Wouldn't go under €2k myself. It's only worth doing if its profitable.
  • Like 1

Hire in a climber for the day, 150 200 pound...   hire in a chipper for a couple of days... I don't know, 80 to 150..  hire a muck away truck 180 a day..  hire a couple of groundies for a day or two...   

climber 200
groundies 400
chipper 200
muck away truck 200
stump grinder ?...  not sure how much they are lets be generous 200..

So thats 1200 we'll give the climber a bonus if he brings a bunch of saws....   thats thirteen tops....

whats that?....   just over a grand...   the homeowner could save himself quite a bit if he could organize his own take down...

certainly wont be paying out no three an half grand.......   he gets his tree down, the lads get what they want for their services and everyones happy...

Now if you're a tree surgeon with all the gear, you'll be competing on price with other tree surgeons....   or in this case a fella with his head screwed on who ain't in the business of being ripped off.. three an half grand indeed....   
Go and have a look at your local hire shop rates, you'll get a shock

Plus you're taking the piss if you think a decent experienced fully qualified climber is worth £200 a day to hire in