What would you charge?

AWarb00

1 hour ago, aspenarb said:

£1,750 as long as Mrs Miggins is eye candy and good with the kettle  or £2000 if she`s a miserable pig in knickers.

Bob

That could go horribly wrong if Joe Public rumbles your pricing technique Bob. 

Example - householders daughter is on site for quote but grandma is there for the job day ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, benedmonds said:

My view is there is always something to do.. 

Rake, Sharpen saws, etc.. etc.. 

With   only 2 men  the climber often ends up waiting for the ground to be clear. And the clear up takes longer.. Why would you pay climber rates to rake up...

...But skyhuck's big kit slow and steady method has a huge advantage... Not have employees who cause huge headaches..

Well i thinknits rotten to bomb all that shit off for one groundy. And more work for a climber to cut and chuck all that and tiring.

Edited by swinny

3 hours ago, EdwardC said:

There's an article in the current ARBmagazine on pricing. Page 80.

Basic, but a good start.

Now I have a spreadsheet which has costs in it for the various elements of the work I do. Put the hours I expect things to take in, and out pop's the price.

When I was contracting, pre-2005, I was charging £950.00 +VAT per day for a three man team, £450.00 + VAT per day for a two man team. North West based.

That seems like quite bump up from 2 man to 3 man -  £500 for an extra person. A very healthy mark up! Nice!

42 minutes ago, swinny said:

Well i thinknits rotten to bomb all that shit off for one groundy. And more work for a climber to cut and chuck all that and tiring.

Have to agree, having been the "climber" and "groundsman" on such 2 manteam jobs I wouldnt persoanlly opt for that approach as I think it is ineffcient and puts extra wear and tear on your climber if they have to cut and chuck everything, and takes much longer when a smooth rigging operation with a couple of groundies would speed the job up no end.

• Like 1

No wonder folks are terrified of tree quotes..  

That tree looks like a days work for two people, maybe another days worth tiding up and raking up...  two man first day, one man second..   

I suppose it depends on if your pulled out and need to get to the next job..  obviously then it'd be better to get more hands on the job...

looking at that garage and measuring that against the tree, it don't look as big as it seems..   going off some prices anyone would think it was a giant sequoia..

[emoji931][emoji773]
  • Like 4