Tree inspectors Kirklees

bob

https://jobs.kirklees.gov.uk/parks-and-open-spaces-economy-and-infrastructure-trees-and-woodland-inspector-2-jobs/24850.job

feel free to ask any questions about this or if you need help with the application process

The vision of the Parks and Greenspaces service is to provide quality, ‘joined up’ area–based services that focus on the whole street environment, from parks and communal areas, to roads and pavements. Neighbourhoods will be welcoming, attractive and successful.

There is a duty on the Council under Health and Safety legislation, to protect the safety of the public. You will undertake recorded inspections of single and groups of trees which have the potential to become a hazard. This requires assessing their condition and to provide management information to enable appropriate tree management procedures to be put into place and to act in the defence of any claims or litigation arising from the effects of trees on the public or neighbouring properties, including accident claims.

You will already have:

• A formal recognised qualification in Arboriculture, e.g. NVQ Level 3 in Tree Work (Arboriculture), Higher National Diploma (NQF level 5) Arboriculture, Honours Degree BSc (Hons) Arboriculture.  
  • Proven experience within Forestry or Arboriculture and the ability to demonstrate practical professional knowledge and experience in Arboricultural and Silvicultural operations and procedures.

You will identify the different types of tree and through your extensive knowledge, and will be able to competently inspect the tree and make sound judgements and recommendations with regards to its condition.

You will also respond to requests from the public arising from concerns and complaints regarding the condition on individual trees and woodlands within the Council’s ownership.

Due to the nature of the job, you must be willing to take part in standby or call out duties and to work evenings, weekends and during bad weather.

Travel is an essential part of this job and therefore it would be extremely difficult for you to do your job effectively if you did not use a car for all or most of the time.  It is essential that you hold a full and valid driving licence.

5 hours ago, bob said:

https://jobs.kirklees.gov.uk/parks-and-open-spaces-economy-and-infrastructure-trees-and-woodland-inspector-2-jobs/24850.job

feel free to ask any questions about this or if you need help with the application process

The vision of the Parks and Greenspaces service is to provide quality, ‘joined up’ area–based services that focus on the whole street environment, from parks and communal areas, to roads and pavements. Neighbourhoods will be welcoming, attractive and successful.

There is a duty on the Council under Health and Safety legislation, to protect the safety of the public. You will undertake recorded inspections of single and groups of trees which have the potential to become a hazard. This requires assessing their condition and to provide management information to enable appropriate tree management procedures to be put into place and to act in the defence of any claims or litigation arising from the effects of trees on the public or neighbouring properties, including accident claims.

You will already have:

• A formal recognised qualification in Arboriculture, e.g. NVQ Level 3 in Tree Work (Arboriculture), Higher National Diploma (NQF level 5) Arboriculture, Honours Degree BSc (Hons) Arboriculture.  
  • Proven experience within Forestry or Arboriculture and the ability to demonstrate practical professional knowledge and experience in Arboricultural and Silvicultural operations and procedures.

You will identify the different types of tree and through your extensive knowledge, and will be able to competently inspect the tree and make sound judgements and recommendations with regards to its condition.

You will also respond to requests from the public arising from concerns and complaints regarding the condition on individual trees and woodlands within the Council’s ownership.

Due to the nature of the job, you must be willing to take part in standby or call out duties and to work evenings, weekends and during bad weather.

Travel is an essential part of this job and therefore it would be extremely difficult for you to do your job effectively if you did not use a car for all or most of the time.  It is essential that you hold a full and valid driving licence.

How come the Qualification level does not reflect in the pay scale

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RRD said:

If they offered a descent pay they wouldn't be looking every few months and have some quality inspectors

Just a thought

Indeed they do frequently advertise here. K

Edited by Khriss
STOP UNDERVALUING OUR INDUSTRY !!!!

Not that I want to hijack this thread, but I’m new to getting my cs 30-39.
I went for a job, only to be told my climbing was not up to scratch, and should go and join a small arb comp and get better then come back... this was the main climber words. I said a few things at the time, which I will not go into, although I was polite. Let me post the job description that was advertised . And you will laugh, I know they pay private companies to do work for them, as they don’t have the staff to cope with all the trees, and these companies pay there guys 25-30k. Starting wage at council 18.5-20.5k It makes you wonder why they can’t get the staff. But all I wanted was to work close to home and be home by 5pm.
Look closely at this bit (if you do not have these qualifications but have transferable skills) IMG_0734.jpg