Weibang mower review

John ou

Hi I have seen a member asking about Weibang equipment and I can help on this subject. I have been using a Weibang legacy pro for two years and have had more than a fair share of problems, but the main one being Weibang uk not honouring the three year commercial warranty even when a replacement part has been obviously reinforced. Hope this might help some members make the “right” decision before purchasing 

• Like 1

I've decided that at the moment I'll never buy any other push mower other than a Honda pro HRH536. They are big money, but nothing I've used compares. My own one was used 4-5 days a week in the season (March to october), and is still going over 10 years later no problems, only the usual consumables such as cables and blades over the years. Regular servicing and care, I've no reason not to expect many more years of service.
A heavy mower but built to last and will tackle very rough long and wet grass with no issues.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, owain038 said:

A heavy mower but built to last and will tackle very rough long and wet grass with no issues.

Not sure it's as heavy as the Weibang to be honest, they weigh in very heavy for the size of them in comparison.  Weight isn't everything though, just because they're heavy doesn't make them better.  Plus I've had to reinforce my workbench. lol..   I'm not a fan.  

I would still say the extra dosh for the Honda would worth while.  My only thoughts with the Honda is I wish they'd fit their hydro gearbox to it, and get rid of that orrible dog clutch which they've been running from day one.

Not sure it's as heavy as the Weibang to be honest, they weigh in very heavy for the size of them in comparison.  Weight isn't everything though, just because they're heavy doesn't make them better.  Plus I've had to reinforce my workbench. lol..   I'm not a fan.  

I would still say the extra dosh for the Honda would worth while.  My only thoughts with the Honda is I wish they'd fit their hydro gearbox to it, and get rid of that orrible dog clutch which they've been running from day one.
I also have the hrx 537 bought new in 2011, which has the hydrostatic gearbox and find it an absolute disaster! Already replaced it once for something like €600 (fitted myself) and it's suddenly gone slow again so hoping it's just the cable or belt and not the box again. Also struggled with any bit of a hill and the gears on the axle which mesh with the inside of the wheel are very soft and wear out far too frequently. Hasn't done a 1/3 of the work of the hrh 536 (bought new in 2005!! Still going like a clock) but 3 times the issues sadly.
Just checked the VIN plates of both and they are also supposed to be the same power but the professional is far superior.