Trimmer stripping top spark plug thread

TIDY

10 hours ago, TIDY said:

I have and it threads that too ?? its very strange.

When you say " threads " I assume you mean it strips the thread as opposed to putting one on it .  I was wondering if this could be down to vibration . Have you checked to see if all your AV mounts  are ok ? 

Edited by Stubby

36 minutes ago, spudulike said:

I think some Bosch plugs have the solid end electrode and NGK are generally threaded for caps of different type. It is an aluminium connector and has no resistive element - that will be within the plug itself!

NGK do solid terminals,  a quick search shows the equivalent seems to be

https://www.ngk.com/product.aspx?zpid=9432

Click the "specs" tab

finding one in UK may be a problem though

Just found a "solid" NGK plug in my spares but i put it in and the cap isnt that tight (maybe its one that ive replaced for this reason) ive check the anti vibe springs and there all in order too. oh well, ive taped the cap down for now so it doesn't jump off while in use. Its not my only trimmer so that's a good thing. (i also have the Echo 341es single sided trimmer of a similar design to the Husky) Thanks for the replies guys