Whats the best t-shirt for climbing trees?

Steve Bullman

I would have thought that it isn't just what material the clothing is made from but also how it is constructed? Which is why some cheap t shirts are garbage. Pfanner t shirts are made from a mix of polyester and XXXXX hence why they are breathable and very hard wearing. I don't think Primark t shirts are quite the same, logo or not.

Edited by Mark_Skyland
So not to spoil it
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mark_Skyland said:

I would have thought that it isn't just what material the clothing is made from but also how it is constructed? Which is why some cheap t shirts are garbage. Pfanner t shirts are made from a mix of polyester and XXXXX hence why they are breathable and very hard wearing. I don't think Primark t shirts are quite the same, logo or not.

some how I can't see a tee shirt being both breathable and hard wearing at the same time...  I smell bullshit coming out the salesroom...  your gonna get good breath-ability or hard wearing not both..   not unless you have made a compromise in the materials used...  or, your soft in the head and believe the sales guff.....

which brings me to cost...   considering most tee shirts are made in the far east the costs aught be minimal this day an age..    better to buy ten good breathable tee shirts than one so called compromised one with a logo on that says "I'm a Pfanny" tree man...

best to look at tee shirts like disposable gloves....   use till they rip or stain and dispose of and put another one on...    

As Stalin once remarked, quantity has a quality all of its own...

1 hour ago, Steve Bullman said:

And the fact that a climber Has told you it’s lasted 12 years and is breathable isnt good enough? 

I give up ?

Well the fact remains the tee shirts you're promoting are good enough..   thats the compromise made by the manufacturers of those tee shirts..   they work as advertised..  

But if your looking for breathability first, and its a good idea that you do in hot weather conditions then you should look at tee shirts designed to do just that...   if your looking for lightweight breathability and warmth in winter conditions then I suggest marino wool..   

all materials are a compromise to suit the conditions under which they'll be applied..  like woodchippers trailers and any other arb related equipment they isn't a perfect one for every situation..