People who know how it works

eggsarascal

Got an old school stihl backpack blower for helping  a customer put some slate shingle round a water fountain for nothing. Only took me 10 mins.

I always give and take this way. Especially with other tradies. My chippy mate helped me build a ramp into my unit for some nice pieces of plane for a coffee table. 

Random acts of kindness Makea the world go round eh. 

• Like 3

Every now and then i come across unwanted tins of sprays and general ideal for use at home stuff, penetrating oil, glass cleaner, dash dandy, spray grease etc, so this silly OLD bloke i know mentioned he had a little project he was going to start on in his man shed. The tasks he has lined up include generally cleaning up this new toy of his, removing some wheels, bit of patchwork to do etc. So i thought..... i know, i’ll off load some of my collected/unwanted tins to the OLD boy [emoji6] he was made up with his selection of products and in return handed me a big bag of potatoes [emoji106] what a good do, so tonight i have made myself some chips and flash fried 2x left over lamb leg steaks in the pan[emoji108][emoji39]

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ratman said:

Every now and then i come across unwanted tins of sprays and general ideal for use at home stuff, penetrating oil, glass cleaner, dash dandy, spray grease etc, so this silly OLD bloke i know mentioned he had a little project he was going to start on in his man shed. The tasks he has lined up include generally cleaning up this new toy of his, removing some wheels, bit of patchwork to do etc. So i thought..... i know, i’ll off load some of my collected/unwanted tins to the OLD boy emoji6.png he was made up with his selection of products and in return handed me a big bag of potatoes emoji106.png what a good do, so tonight i have made myself some chips and flash fried 2x left over lamb leg steaks in the panemoji108.pngemoji39.png

Spuddog?

I used to drop unwanted logs at a friend-of-a-friend's place: they'd take just about anything as long as it was cut to less than 18" in length.

The husband was in one day and as I was about to leave he took me into the garage, pulled a dustsheet off a saw on the top shelf and asked 'Is this any good to you? I bought it to deal with two dead elms at the old house and we've been here 13 years; it's never done anything else.'  It was an 064 with half a tank of fuel.  I tried to offer him a couple of hundred quid for it and pointed out the current replacement cost but he insisted he wanted nothing for it.

That must have been 12 years ago now and it's still my 'big' saw.

The guy left school at 15 with no qualifications and is a self made millionaire.  The ones with money aren't always bad payers.

• Like 2