Very poor service!

Stumpy Grinder

Just been through an extremely poor experience with an order of a Stump Grinder cutting system upgrade through Northern Arb who I've used before for other stuff and have been fine. I suspect the problem is with Saturn Knives who seem to supply them? What's the relationship between them before I send a massive shitogram! I've had problems before, but only ever with stump teeth. Not happy!

SG

1 minute ago, Stumpy Grinder said:

I find that hard to believe as there is clearly no communication between them!:angry:

They are an extremely disorganised bunch - I’ve bought blades and some bars/chains on the cheap from them in the past and pretty much every transaction has been cocked up in one way or another. 

We even had a wagon (that couldn’t get down the lane to us) turn up with a big wooden crate on a pallet addressed to us from them - I was out and received a call from my dad who asked where I wanted it dropping off. Not expecting anything I tried to contact Saturn to ask what it even was - they assured me it must be correct but couldn’t actually confirm what they had sent. Long and short of it was that this great big crate with unknown contents (but unlikely to be cheap!) was abandoned at the neighbouring farm. I had a panicked call a couple of hours later from Saturn asking me where whatever it was was - I still don’t know what was in that box though!

This has just reminded me of another order from them - only half of the order arrived. It took a couple of days before the other box turned up at a neighbours who share our postcode - both boxes were dispatched at the same time as part of the same consignment, but had been addressed differently. Muppetry through and through!!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Do “Saturn machines knives” not own ‘northern arb’ as in a subsidiary of their primary business.

Quite possibly looking at their website?

I wouldn't normally rant on an open forum, but I cannot believe how crap they have been!

I ordered some teeth once before and there were a load missing as the package had burst due to being not strong enough. Despite several complaints and promise of replacements, they never turned up. I recently ordered a Green Teeth upgrade kit for a Rayco grinder. Order was placed online and clearly forgotten as I was asked to review the product and it hadn't even been dispatched! Order eventually turned up with 6 wrong sized tooth pockets on one side. The error was pointed out very clearly and 6 more pockets turned up. They were also the wrong size and I was charged for them! Phoned Monday morning to complain to be told the right ones would be with me Tuesday or maybe Wednesday latest. Phoned late today to discover that the order was still open and hadn't even been dispatched! Order cancelled and you can have the lot back. I've lost a weeks work and they've lost any future business. One mistake is understandable, but 5 feck ups in a row is surely not acceptable! Not Happy!

Order now placed with another company.

• Like 1

Hear this a lot with their reviews. Only ever ordered rotatech chains off them but through ebay, i’ve personally not had any issues buying this way. Think your doing right SG ordering from elsewhere, might be more expensive in the short term but will save in the long term as more reliable for you and less loss of time and business. [emoji106]

• Like 2

The northern arb supplies song.........good at being crap.

Cause I may be bad but I'm perfectly good at it
Sex in the air, I don't care, I love the smell of it
Sticks and stones may break my bones
But chains and bars excite me

:bebored: