AA Doing enough to promote themsleves to joe bloggs?

K.T.S Tom

Here in lies the bullshit for me.... There are plenty pf contractors out there working for the LA who are not AAC and do a perfectly good job. These companies will do their own in house inspections, adhere to all necessary requirements and do cpd.... Just because they dont have a badge to the happy clappers club means nothing. 

AAC doesnt open doors to contracts. You have to find contracts and its who you know not what you know in my experiance

I agree and disagree with this.

Not all these company’s will do their own in house assessments etc.

To me your saying:
“I can drive a car but don’t have a license”.

You are correct it doesn’t open doors but it should and an AAC will be the accreditation recognised by everyone that if your arborist didn’t have you should use one that is. I wouldn’t trust a gas man if he wasn’t gas safe would you?

I would suggest any company in any industry does as much as they can to stand out against their counter parts.

I 100% believe having an independent 3rd party in this case the AA is one of the most beneficial things a company can do, rather than self regulate.

This is why we will continue to be Arb approved.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, K.T.S Tom said:

if I turned over that amount I probably wouldnt be having this chat ?

I know you do a fantastic job paul as iv met you a couple of times and you are the main face of things and all ways have a positive answer, if it aggravated me that much I wouldnt continue to be an AAC. 

Steve you will know better than most about how visible the AA website is, any thoughts on it?

As far as visibility goes, they are doing a very good job of it, with over 300 search terms showing up in positions 1-3. Anyone would be pretty happy with that!

I suppose the key thing is, who is the site appealing to and who is reading it. Thats not such an easy metric to work out.

Just an idea...
How about a print out page explaining in simple language why AA is important to clients.
With website etc.
So when you give a quote you don't have to explain in detail.
That way you have X thousand tree surgeons advertising for you for free each week
AND the tree surgeons professional credibility and value is enhanced for 5p a time.
Just an idea...
[emoji106]

On 26/06/2019 at 18:06, swinny said:

Hi Swinny, sorry I missed your post.

I quite agree with your initial statement about plenty of good, competent, safe etc etc contractors working for LAs who aren't approved (by "the happy clappers club" ?) but then summat happened n you disappeared :/.

Don't you agree tho that having a way of differentiating between you and those that aren't competent etc, and not necessarily the unscrupulous, would be beneficial to your business and the industry as a whole? 

I'm very happy to continue off forum, or directly (07971 995351,) should you wish to. 

Thanks..

Paul