woodland mills trailers

richard scourfield

4 hours ago, Justme said:

Just because they let you go does not mean its legal. 

??ok well I’m sure if it wasn’t they would not have. 

To tell the truth I’ll worry about it if it happens other than that as far as I’m concerned it’s more than fit for purpose. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

??ok well I’m sure if it wasn’t they would not have. 

To tell the truth I’ll worry about it if it happens other than that as far as I’m concerned it’s more than fit for purpose. 

More likely they were not looking for that offence as it was not a target.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gobbypunk said:

Look I am no F###ing Divi I rang a bloody VOSA station and a big agricultural trailer sales yard and neither of them even mentioned an Iva so sorry for getting my panties in a twist but who else will know what the score is oh I know I will now ring the D V L A in Swansea and see what they have to say as this is just doing my head in .

Agri trailers don't need them.

3 hours ago, gobbypunk said:

Look I am no F###ing Divi I rang a bloody VOSA station and a big agricultural trailer sales yard and neither of them even mentioned an Iva so sorry for getting my panties in a twist but who else will know what the score is oh I know I will now ring the D V L A in Swansea and see what they have to say as this is just doing my head in .

I don't mean to cause offence  but do have a bit of  experience of having police and mot people not knowing the rules simply because they were not checking the correct bit of legislation, the policeman insisted on pursuing a prosecution for not having an O licence when pulling a trailer and transit combo over 3.5 tonnes despite my providing proof the trailer was less than 1020kg and exempted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, openspaceman said:

I don't mean to cause offence  but do have a bit of  experience of having police and mot people not knowing the rules simply because they were not checking the correct bit of legislation, the policeman insisted on pursuing a prosecution for not having an O licence when pulling a trailer and transit combo over 3.5 tonnes despite my providing proof the trailer was less than 1020kg and exempted.

Please tell more.  Can I ask how you proved your trailer was less than 1020kg and why you were exempted.

they used to have to get you to a weight bridge, but less than (was it 3 miles from where they stopped you) it may have changed..

i have a few ideas but why did they insist you need an O licence.  the police think they know it all and can be stubborn peeps and will not check.  

Cheers

2 hours ago, Wedgebanger said:

Please tell more.  Can I ask how you proved your trailer was less than 1020kg and why you were exempted.

they used to have to get you to a weight bridge, but less than (was it 3 miles from where they stopped you) it may have changed..

i have a few ideas but why did they insist you need an O licence.  the police think they know it all and can be stubborn peeps and will not check.  

Cheers

Under a reasonable distance they dont have to cover your costs if there is nothing wrong. Over & they have to compensate you if you are legal.

The makers often quote an unladen weight on the specs.

Some trailers have it on the plate but not many in the O2 catagory (under 3500kg).

Most enforcers only know the law / rule not all the exemptions that go with it.