woodland mills trailers

richard scourfield

1.9 When does IVA not apply?

• Agricultural or forestry tractors, their trailers and interchangeable towed machinery, together with their systems, components and separate technical units and trailers designed and constructed specifically to be towed by them.   

interchangable towed machinery.........I believe this applies to a saw,mill designed to be mobile, IE on its own chassis, which the woodland mill is, as are most other mills in the same style, norwood, logosol, woodmizer, etc........as it cannot carry a load, house people , or anything like that, its not a trailer in the construction and use sense

• Like 1

So guys as I am about to buy a mill on a trailer I have been following what is being said on hear and thought I would do some research and after getting confused by the interweb I rang our local VOSA yard and according to them NO trailer under 3and a half tonnes needs any paper work I also phoned a local trailer supplier and asked them and they also told me no paperwork for under thee and a half tonnes and if you think about it if that changes and all trailers need paperwork then every little tat trailer knocked up in a shed would need it ,bloody good earner for the new trailer testing station.

Thanks Mark 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gobbypunk said:

So guys as I am about to buy a mill on a trailer I have been following what is being said on hear and thought I would do some research and after getting confused by the interweb I rang our local VOSA yard and according to them NO trailer under 3and a half tonnes needs any paper work I also phoned a local trailer supplier and asked them and they also told me no paperwork for under thee and a half tonnes and if you think about it if that changes and all trailers need paperwork then every little tat trailer knocked up in a shed would need it ,bloody good earner for the new trailer testing station.

Thanks Mark 

I’ve got the Woodlands 130 on a self built twin axle braked trailer, the mill is permanently attached and no other load can be carried. I mentioned in another post that I was pulled in at a commissioners checkpoint not long after I’d Completed the build  and other than ask a few questions about the mill itself the guys did not even pass comment on the actual trailer !!. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2

Yeah I saw your post but just wanted to be sure as I should be collecting my Mill in the next week or so mine is also a 130 and I am now wondering about adding hydrolics to it as in a log lifter .

I wouldn't buy a bandsaw without hydraulics.
My biggest bottle neck in production is log moving/loading and cant flipping.
It's why I have a bad back.
Will be putting a jib crane in soon I hope.
[emoji106]

I have been making a movable jib that will have a chain hoist on it ,all I need is a wheel for the bottom ,thinking about a front wheel and forks from a scooter or mini bike of some sort as it will slide into the scaffolding tube I am using for the leg 

I have been making a movable jib that will have a chain hoist on it ,all I need is a wheel for the bottom ,thinking about a front wheel and forks from a scooter or mini bike of some sort as it will slide into the scaffolding tube I am using for the leg 

Make it heavy duty/over engineered,
As you know logs get heavy easily.
Watch out for shock loading, it will bend rails.
[emoji106]