2015 Ms181 Non Start - at my wits end!

Darkslider

[emoji85][emoji85][emoji85][emoji85][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji87][emoji87]

Friday [emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji507][emoji514]?   [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

[emoji41][emoji41][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

A rats favourite friday food there all in one Wedgy..... doughnut, cookie & peanuts! [emoji6][emoji106]

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Get used to it, it pisses me off when people squeeze decent info gleaned from years of experience, fix their issue and then piss off on to the distance with no thanks, happy in their ignorance but that is life and seems to be the norm, no thanks, no lump of cake, no beers, no bloody decorum.

The OP will probably come back now pissing on my fireworks.....what a life, laugh at it and it will laugh back!

Smile, it is the weekend:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EricBradley said:
  • its been 2 weeks since we heard anything, I hate it when trouble saws are not reported on once they've been in to the doctors.

As per bottom of page one......

Shame really, the chance to help others with a snippet of info is lost. 

Must admit with the detail of the first post i thought this one might be different. 

Edited by bmp01

On 19/07/2019 at 18:27, spudulike said:

Get used to it, it pisses me off when people squeeze decent info gleaned from years of experience, fix their issue and then piss off on to the distance with no thanks, happy in their ignorance but that is life and seems to be the norm, no thanks, no lump of cake, no beers, no bloody decorum.

The OP will probably come back now pissing on my fireworks.....what a life, laugh at it and it will laugh back!

Smile, it is the weekend:D

I just got the saw back earlier this week, it went in along with a non starting strimmer (Stihl fs460 - duff coil) so took a while to get it back. thought I'd better update this post even though I was sure it would have sunk to the bottom with nobody interested. How wrong I was! 

I didn't collect it so didn't get much info on the diagnosis rundown, but a new carb kit was fitted at the cost of £40 and it now runs as good as it ever did. 

Not sure how I would have pinpointed the carb as needing rebuilding myself, it was my next port of call but I'd decided I'd sunk enough time into it already and I could be doing something more worthwhile.

Thanks for the help all, and sorry it didn't turn out to be something exotic!

Yay, nice one. ... and thanks for info...

A good way to diagnose a faulty carb, coil, plug etc is to swap in a known (or tested) good one from a correctly running saw, even a new untested part gives a degree of uncertainty.

Not an easy thing to do with a carb though, so usually its a drop of fuel or 'easy start' down the intake and see if it fires.... then go through the fuel system, cheapest / easiest bits first.

Glad you got it sorted.