2015 Ms181 Non Start - at my wits end!

Darkslider

Emmm, I must admit I think there is an element of truth in the fresh fuel story but I think it's a limited effect.  I mean - it's reasonable to expect some subtances to dissolve in liquids such as acetone, white spirit, petrol even and especially carb cleaner. And as some of the gunge left in carbs etc originally came from petrol its probably reasonable to expect a small fraction of it to dissolve back into the fuel especially if the  fuel has components designed to clean the fuel system.

I started using super unleaded Shell years ago for exactly this reason, supposed to be a bit more aggressive compared to unleaded. It does help but it's not a cure all, as a first punt its an obvious thing to do.

If it helps and equipment is used frequently there after, maybe you get away with the 'fix' as the carb doesn't get further cruded up. But you you've had the warning somethings up,  you are running the risk of it reoccurring and you run the risk of equipment seizing if the fueling ain't right. 

Can't make sense for the pro to chance it with potential rebuild costs,  down time and lost earnings.

And for a repair service supporting the above or any other industry your reputation isn't going to be worth shit in the long run, sending out kit which may or may not work 2 minutes down the line.

• Like 1

Pressure or vacuum (it is all air) ......not too often and depends on the saw. 346XPs leak often, MS200s a bit on the seals, many others are rare.

Funny enough I had one where fresh fuel would have worked - some ijut filled a saw with diesel.....got to love my customers - bloody smoky when it fired!

On 01/07/2019 at 21:23, spudulike said:

Funny enough I had one where fresh fuel would have worked - some ijut filled a saw with diesel.....got to love my customers - bloody smoky when it fired!

Friend of mine put chain oil in the fuel tank on a 181 then poured it out and filled up with mix. That one really smoked when it got started.

• Like 1

Ear, I readin throu this thread,,,,, it may be getting ard and arder to start.. !   sod it start it on carb cleaner /break cleaner or the ol easy start....

if it it don’t run, after it warmed up, then it’s a problem, if you can’t stat it with the above then time to give spud a headache ?. ??????. ??