Show us your workshops

Woodworks

4 hours ago, sime42 said:
On 23/06/2019 at 16:47, Woodworks said:
Just sorting out a small workshop for all the saws etc. Also putting in a workbench for repairs and sharpening. 

Looking for ideas on storage and best setups for sharpening and benches.

Thanks 

Bit obvious this but a decent bench mounted vice is essential I think. The bigger the better IMO.

Done. Always like a vice to be super sturdy so mounted it on a 6"x6" length of oak which goes right to the floor and bolted this to the side of the bench. The vice can rotate so having overhang on two sides can be handy.

3 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

Don’t want to be a kill-joy but be careful what you post on here/the internet in general. There are prying eyes everywhere sadly, and pikies are all over this site and any others to do with easy-to-steal-and-sell-on machinery. 

Sadly your right,they are just waiting to see what to nick next

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Fair point, but many on here are anonymous and my bedroom connects directly to my workshop, so I can hear if a mouse Farts in there.

Not worried about you Mick - France is probably a bit too much of a trek for the majority of dirty thieving scumbags who do their research on uk forums!

There used to be a brilliant poster on here called Dean Lofthouse who regularly put pics and vids of his setup on the forum and was then  subject to multiple break-ins. Possibly unrelated, but also possible that he’d dangled a carrot in front of the great unwashed and they had the opportunity to do their homework before ‘going shopping’.

He has now disappeared from the forum as far as I’m aware (I hope he has dropped off the radar to reduce any suspicion that any missing pikies have anything to do with him - with a bit of luck he managed to exact some form of revenge somewhere along the line!!!).  

• Like 1

Don’t want to be a kill-joy but be careful what you post on here/the internet in general. There are prying eyes everywhere sadly, and pikies are all over this site and any others to do with easy-to-steal-and-sell-on machinery. 
This thought had occured to me briefly as well, but I dismissed it as paranoia. As long as you're not silly enough to divulge any personal info in your posts. As far as I know you can't get any useful information like addresses etc from users profiles or posts. Is that right, can anyone else confirm this?