Show us your workshops

Woodworks

Cupboards, draws and pigeon holes. Get as many as you can squeeze in before you start because its  almost impossible once you start to use it.

Cave   http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/mypickys/slideshow/mancave

Also worth knocking up simple gadgets like below for working on saws rather than chasing them around a bench

image_zpsyz1tv1xp.jpg

image_zpscqs6tpd6.jpg

image_zpsfhco6q7x.jpg

image_zpsf0pjs9g3.jpg

image_zpsidwyut78.jpg

image_zps7irepulh.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Cupboards, draws and pigeon holes. Get as many as you can squeeze in before you start because its  almost impossible once you start to use it.

Also worth knocking up simple gadgets like below for working on saws rather than chasing them around a bench

image_zpsyz1tv1xp.jpg

image_zpscqs6tpd6.jpg

image_zpsfhco6q7x.jpg

image_zpsf0pjs9g3.jpg

image_zpsidwyut78.jpg

image_zps7irepulh.jpg

That is the ultimate mancave: 2 post, lathe, Mill and loads of cabinets!
Also that chainsaw mount is genius, 100% gunna make something similar on a rainy day
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aspenarb said:

image_zpsyz1tv1xp.jpg

image_zpscqs6tpd6.jpg

image_zpsfhco6q7x.jpg

image_zpsf0pjs9g3.jpg

image_zpsidwyut78.jpg

image_zps7irepulh.jpg

Thats what you call a workshop??

Tidyness is so important, so easy yet so hard!

Cupboards, cabinets and shelves, get as many as you can and be prepared to change them, you can't get everything right first time....

Doesn't need to cost much either, with Facebook marketplace, Gumtree etc, plus making use of old pallets, off cuts and family castoffs I have meters and meters of storage but I've paid virtually nothing for it. 

Make benches tbe height that suits you, not a standard/same as some else's I like my benches low chest height, not waist height and I'm a bit taller than average so my benches are too high for a lot of my mates?

If you make  mobile/freestanding benches, make them the same height as the fixed ones for when youre doing big jobs and need as much workspace as possible.

Try and have dedicated workshop tools and separate toolbox/van tools. 

I have a hand brush and wire brush tied to my workbench, its literally the only way to stop them going walkabout (in my hands, but still a pain) and I need to do the same with a combi spanner! 

A dymo type label maker is very handy, as are white boards, black boards and big bits of chalk.

A fixed charging point for cordless batteries is useful and a shelf for the radio is essential!! 

Tidying away before you lock up is much better than tidying up before you start next time!

Sorry I might have gone off on a bit of a tangent!?

Edited by william127
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

Tell me about the engine dyno please Bob

:laugh1:

All to do with my passtime of mechanical madness Andrew, been so busy of late I have not had any time to finish the mancave extension which will house some of the said madness but with luck I may have it finished in a few weeks. you are more than welcome to pop down for a gander when its done.

Bob

Mancave extension

image_zps4fjty252.jpg

image_zpsihw9tezg.jpg

image_zpstfye0wre.jpg

image_zpstfye0wre.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aspenarb said:

Great stuff Bob. Any reason for no open shelves then? shelves are cheap but cupboards may cost a bit unless I can get my hands on some old kitchen units.

• Like 1