Greenmech quadchip

allseasons

On my 3rd one and have to say a brilliant chipper.

Would not really be able to go back to an inline chipper now as the turntable makes things a lot easier.

Round blades last a lot longer then straight ones and are easy to turn/change.

There is a lot of really good design points on it that when it came out it was ahead of a lot of the chippers of that time.

If you get one that has four round blades the chip does not seem to make it all the way to the back of the truck due to it being a very fine chip. Greenmech will give you a kit that you can change to a two blade system making the chip bigger which means it will throw the chip further.

Went from a 150 and have to say the quad chip was is so much better.

Think that the Quadchip will cease production this year so could be some good deals on one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've not heard that we are ceasing production! We will certainly have to change the engine for summer 2020, but nothing else has been said yet! We may fit the same engine without the turbo or even a big petrol EFI unit, but that is to be decided yet.

Even if we did, parts would be available for many years to come as we have made so many!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, allseasons said:

Thanks treevolution i will certainly look into them. Worries me though if ceasing production further down the line like parts etc. 

When did you change yours at hours wise? Any issues with yours? What the after care like from greenmech?

There will always be parts for the machine, I was just not sure what would happen to the Quadchip once they had used up all the stage 4 engines.

First one I change at 800 hours and then the second at only 370 hours but this was because I wanted one of the last ones with the stage 4 diesel engine.

Have to say Greenmech are brilliant to deal with and any issues that have I have had have been sorted asap.

They are also very helpful on line and phone to help with any problems you might have.

• Like 1