What is your experience of stove warranties?

Boiler failed on log burner. Not covered under warranty due to using coal + logs. Resulting acids are well known for causing this. 

There had never been any coal on the fire, ever.

Personally I don’t think they are worth the paper they are written on. 

Buy one so well built it won't break rather than rely on warranties. Having said that, the fire I referred to was a well known make with good reputation. 

Edited by Peasgood

Warranties only cover faults in manufacturing process itself and faults within the product used in the manufacturing process,  nothing else.   Things like grates, baffle plates, fire bricks and glass are viewed as consumables and are usually not warranted at all as teh manufacturer has no control over how you are using it and at what sort of temperature.

In 10 years in the stove industry I have never had any sort of warranty other than an occasional glass breakage etc,  that is covered now by Charnwood for a short period. Not sure how the brands I dont act for stand on that issue, suffice to say that a well made stove does not have warranty failures.

A

Edited by Alycidon

I went back on three separate occasions in the first year, bent firebars, cracked glass, etc. Woodwarm so well known brand, fitted by stoveshops own bloke.
The miserable old bag behind the counter simply kept saying no to everything I asked,pointed out, or suggested.

No stove manufacturer warrants firebars etc,  except now Charnwood.   If they bent its due to either overfiring,  ( getting it to hot) or failure to remove the ash at least daily.   When burning wood alwatys set the new fire on a bed of ash around 15mm /20mm deep.   Most smokeless solid fuels are petrolium based, as such they are only suitable for open fires depsite what it says on the fuel bag,  they are a well know stove killer due to the heat generated.

A

The comment about focusing on the quality of the stove (and reputation of the manufacturer) first and the warranty second is the right way to look at things. If there has been a genuine issue when the stove has been manufactured then the majority of stove companies will stand by their warranty. Consumables such as firebricks, etc are not covered and never will be.