Help setting Tp270k chipper blades please

Jonny Burch

Hi all. Hope you’re all well. Seems an age since I was last here! 

Just bought a tp270k for the Valtra and need to change the blades. Have the gauge thingy but not sure where to measure from?! 

Not fussed on chip size at the mo as everything I’m chipping on a job is just being blasted back into the woods. 

Any help would be much appreciated

Jonny

9E68FDD2-AB4D-4843-9581-7FAC7FBAAAE1.jpeg

There's a shear bar in there somewhere which effectively acts as one half of a scissors, the rotating blades being the other half. I leave a 1mm gap between blades and shear bar. Rotate the drum by hand after setting to ensure there's no bearing play and  then engage pto at low revs, if you hear any noise increase the gap.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  

• Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.