What's the going rate for block paving

Steve Bullman

5 minutes ago, LeeGray said:

£150 for you and labourer isn’t even minimum wage!

The labourer isn't on the books so why would he be entitled to minimum wage? He works for £40 a day cash 

2 minutes ago, LeeGray said:

We’re not all mental ?I feel like I’m giving it away at £25/hr + vat, there’s not masses of cash up here but plenty of work. There’s no way anyones making a living hiring diggers out at £50/day. 

Yous do realise there not shiny polished things ehh? They've been worked hard and carry on working a couple year old bobcat e10 is £8000 plus vat with maybe 1000-2000 hours on it so £40 a day so weekly rate is roughly £180 so even if he hires it out 20 weeks out of 52 over 5 years he's still made £18000 so doubled his money and would still sell for about £4000 and that's only half a year hire or less where as out of the 3 he owns he barely has them off hired for any longer than a day at a time through the peak seasons so if it wasn't going to make money i don't think he'd of invested in the kit it's like I said in a earlier post that different locations have different prices 

Jack 

39 minutes ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

The labourer isn't on the books so why would he be entitled to minimum wage? He works for £40 a day cash 

Yous do realise there not shiny polished things ehh? They've been worked hard and carry on working a couple year old bobcat e10 is £8000 plus vat with maybe 1000-2000 hours on it so £40 a day so weekly rate is roughly £180 so even if he hires it out 20 weeks out of 52 over 5 years he's still made £18000 so doubled his money and would still sell for about £4000 and that's only half a year hire or less where as out of the 3 he owns he barely has them off hired for any longer than a day at a time through the peak seasons so if it wasn't going to make money i don't think he'd of invested in the kit it's like I said in a earlier post that different locations have different prices 

Jack 

£40 a day?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

That's confused me am I being stupid I can't grasp what you mean? If it's me being numb ill apologise now just finished a 14 hour shift at work 

Jack

I try to make profit so I don't have to work 14 hour days anymore.

Wish I'd realised sooner.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

Jack 

Even if you keep the whole £110 left it’s not enough to run a business and pay yourself minimum wage especially if it’s for a 14 hour day.  Do you not think you’re entitled to minimum wage either?

1 hour ago, forestboy1978 said:

Wow.. I would hate to have to work in your economic environment. 

Like something out of Dickens' Hard Times. 

Why should I pay him any more when the tax we all pay pays his dole as well 5 days a week at £40 so he gets £200 a week tax free cash his rent and council tax paid for by us and then his dole on top he's on a winner there is he not? 

Jack

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

Why should I pay him any more when the tax we all pay pays his dole as well 5 days a week at £40 so he gets £200 a week tax free cash his rent and council tax paid for by us and then his dole on top he's on a winner there is he not? 

Jack

Wow!

the problems I see are that that you are knowingly letting someone abuse the system and 2 you are making it harder for people that need to charge properly..........

• Like 3