What's the going rate for block paving

Steve Bullman

5 minutes ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

Why do you sound so surprised? How much are they in your area? It's off a local plant hire firm I use £40 for a 1.2 micro or 1.5 mini and £50 for a 3 tonner then £80 for a 6-8 tonner but you get it with a full tank of diesel and it goes back with one and if you break it you fix it 

Jack 

Fair enough if you can get them that cheap- but that is rock bottom, micro digger hire starts at £65,  never hire 3 ton as have my own, but should be between £80-100 plus delivery if only for one day. Then fuel on top. I’m surprised anyone can pay for the machines let alone make a living at the prices your getting them for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Fair enough if you can get them that cheap- but that is rock bottom, micro digger hire starts at £65,  never hire 3 ton as have my own, but should be between £80-100 plus delivery if only for one day. Then fuel on top. I’m surprised anyone can pay for the machines let alone make a living at the prices your getting them for.

That's expensive for a micro there only about £48+vat at Travis Perkins near me but on the invoice it normally says 60 odd % discount and when I asked apparently everything down south is so much more expensive but yeah that's normal rate around here for diggers you can hire bobcat e10 £70 for a weekend 

Jack 

1 minute ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

That's expensive for a micro there only about £48+vat at Travis Perkins near me but on the invoice it normally says 60 odd % discount and when I asked apparently everything down south is so much more expensive but yeah that's normal rate around here for diggers you can hire bobcat e10 £70 for a weekend 

Jack 

What this shows is where the money is 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

Muck away is included in the £25 m2 the kerbs are already in mostly just a couple of pin kerbs along the back so maybe £18 for them and a couple of bags of sandy gravel and cement £15 and the blocks don't need to be 60mm it only needs 50mm then there's no rules to say it has to be Mot type 1 I use 10mm recycled aggregate on budget jobs @ £6 a ton I use a wagon to remove waste I pay £65 for 4 ton soil removed and 4 ton sub base fetched in at a 230mm excavation that's 8.1 tons if it is 18m2 so £130 then there's sand 1 ton of sand  £16 per ton  does 8m2 at 25mm thick so that's £32 then the blocks don't sink and then there's the blocks budget blocks are £4 m2 so that's another £72 and silica sand is maybe another tenner and if you don't have the tools for instance £50 for a 3 ton digger then another £30 for stihl saw and whacker then weed membrane is £45 for 50m2 roll and finally labour at £300 for 2 men for a days work so the £450 for materials total is £392 + £300 labour so the job can be done on a budget for £750 & out of that there's £358 Labour paid all In all not a bad wage for a days work I'd of said 

I've re read this if I have missed anything please feel free to say this is all off top of the head 

Jack 

profit

20 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

I’m just glad I don’t live up north? 

We’re not all mental ?I feel like I’m giving it away at £25/hr + vat, there’s not masses of cash up here but plenty of work. There’s no way anyones making a living hiring diggers out at £50/day. 

• Like 1