Knife and gun crime London

eggsarascal

Little immature of you regards the feet comment. But in answer to it, NO. That “cunt” as you brand them should be dealt with under criminal activities act.

Carrying a knife is way different.

Using your own ethos then.... your saying we shouldnt need to have a licence to carry a firearm???? [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

Do you see the contradiction?

Yes on the firearms btw but let’s stay on topic. I was trying to point out that knife crime isn’t the same as knife ownership and now the thread’s going down that rabbit hole.

• Like 1

Do you see the contradiction?

Yes on the firearms btw but let’s stay on topic. I was trying to point out that knife crime isn’t the same as knife ownership and now the thread’s going down that rabbit hole.

I agree and havent disagreed on that fact, i said to carry one you should need a licence, same as you do with a firearm.
Dont like rabbit holes..... i’m scared of the dark!

What's the point of any laws, licencing or not, if the crime can't be preempted? The threat of punishment after the fact obviously does not deter these kids, they know like as not they will never be caught, at least not for vandalism. Stop and search - with profiling based on neighbouhood, age, sex, appearance and sadly, yes - race, works. But the political courage needs to be there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AHPP said:

1) I carried a knife near 35 cars today and slashed the tyres of none of them.

2) Some cunt recently walked down my mate’s road and kicked the pavement side wingmirror off every car. Should the perpetrator need a licence for his feet? Should I?

Mate, you need to get a grip.  Wtf are you harping in about.?  So what if you have the moral fibres to carry a knife and not use it.  

I lived in London for 20 years before moving to Norway.  South East London in fact, look it up and you will see it is a high area for knife crime.

All the so called experts on here are talking about drugs, crime etc.  Yes they may be part of the problem but it runs much deeper than that.

It is all about respect.

A lack of respect for anyone older than you.

A lack of respect for anyone in authority.

Earning respect with their piers and elders.

Making someone respect the area/crew you hang with.

Teaching someone respect after they have disrespected your crew, fam or the area you hang out.

The amount of youths that are stabbed just for disrespecting another on their turf is unreal.  ‘They need to be shown’ is the mindset of the attacker, never mind the consequences.

My neighbour was stabbed 5 times with a Samurai sword when some local yoots tried to gate crash his little sisters 18’th birthday party.  The dad was also laid out with some 4x2 timber to the head.

Why?  Because some little shit had never been told he couldn’t have something.  They are not used to hearing the word No!

I have my ideas relating to inner city crime.  Lots of the youths on the estates are a product of baby fathers.  I.e. the dad isn’t around.  The mother may have a number of kids and usually the younger they are the more time is required.  Leaving teenagers to roam free and get involved in gang culture.  Yes, that might involve drugs or other crimes but sometimes it is just a simple matter of a kid being in the wrong area and being spotted, he gets stabbed for his error.

As for a solution, I don’t know!  Something to try and get a father figure back in their lives.  I think boxing and martial arts is great for kids...  lots of gyms in a south East London have received recognition for the work they do with the kids from troublesome areas.

Maybe introduce boxing back into the curriculum?

National service would certainly teach a bit of respect as well.

So IME and IMHO stop and search should be done.  If they are carrying a blade regardless, it should be the same sentence as if they had used for wrong.  Schools in my area had security guards and metal detectors at the entrances.

Same goes for Acid.  Kids in the local schools are now taking Acid in sports bottles as you can’t search every kids with a drink.

So AHPP are you still going to argue that kids should be allowed to carry knives?

• Like 12

1 minute ago, AHPP said:

Yeah.

Really?

Have you ever been to London?  Yes, I had a happy childhood and carried a knife for whittling.  I grew up in the North East.  

You are in the North East/East ?  Surely, even you can see there is a massive difference between Northumberland, Yorkshire, the Fens, Kernow etc to inner city London?

Try looking up the statistics...  how many people who carry weapons actually have them used on themselves.

So imagine this, your son (if you have one) is encouraged by you to carry a blade.  His school go on a field trip to London.  They get into an argument with some local youths and a fight breaks out.  Your son tries to defend himself and the blade gets taken from him and used on him and tragically he dies.  

Might sound a bit far fetched?  Not for the many families who have gone through similar scenarios and had to bury their children.  Luckily my neighbour survived.

Knife crime is real as are teenage death rates due to knife crime. 

Would you then still be defending the right to carry a knife unless there was a good reason for it? 

24 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

Really?

Have you ever been to London?  Yes, I had a happy childhood and carried a knife for whittling.  I grew up in the North East.  

You are in the North East/East ?  Surely, even you can see there is a massive difference between Northumberland, Yorkshire, the Fens, Kernow etc to inner city London?

Try looking up the statistics...  how many people who carry weapons actually have them used on themselves.

So imagine this, your son (if you have one) is encouraged by you to carry a blade.  His school go on a field trip to London.  They get into an argument with some local youths and a fight breaks out.  Your son tries to defend himself and the blade gets taken from him and used on him and tragically he dies.  

Might sound a bit far fetched?  Not for the many families who have gone through similar scenarios and had to bury their children.  Luckily my neighbour survived.

Would you then still be defending the right to carry a knife unless there was a good reason for it? 

Aye. I grew up in Suffolk and now I'm in Durham. Been to London but not had any reason to go to the really shit bits. I hasten to add I don't need to have to develop an ideological position though, just like I don't need to go to Madagascar to learn about lemurs. As desperate as the London you describe sounds, it doesn't get away from the fact that knives don't stab people themselves.

I know the arguments for and against self defence weapons. I'd rather not get into it if you don't mind. I've derailed this thread enough already (with some help).

London's dangerous. No idea why. That's what this thread is about though; people stabbing and shooting each other in London. All I did was point out that 'knife crime' is stabbing people and not merely having one in your pocket and now there's this shitstorm in poor Egg's thread.

I follow you on instagram btw. Good on you for taking your kids kickboxing. They're probably more dangerous than me and my penknife (if they chose to be).

10 minutes ago, AHPP said:

Aye. I grew up in Suffolk and now I'm in Durham. Been to London but not had any reason to go to the really shit bits. I hasten to add I don't need to have to develop an ideological position though, just like I don't need to go to Madagascar to learn about lemurs. As desperate as the London you describe sounds, it doesn't get away from the fact that knives don't stab people themselves.

I know the arguments for and against self defence weapons. I'd rather not get into it if you don't mind. I've derailed this thread enough already (with some help).

London's dangerous. No idea why. That's what this thread is about though; people stabbing and shooting each other in London. All I did was point out that 'knife crime' is stabbing people and not merely having one in your pocket and now there's this shitstorm in poor Egg's thread.

I follow you on instagram btw. Good on you for taking your kids kickboxing. They're probably more dangerous than me and my penknife (if they chose to be).

No need to broadcast my financial circumstances...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rich Rule said:

Really?

Martial arts are worthwhile pursuits.