Knife and gun crime London

eggsarascal

6 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Rehabilitating them

How’s that workin out so far....?

take the existing MoJ budget and carve it up thus:

first time offenders - get lions share of budget for rehab. 

2 time offenders - benefit from existing jail facilities

3 and subsequent time offenders - in the quarry

17 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

You and I managed ok after being told where we were going wrong didn't we?

Thats what I base my proposal on ??s

I guess Vesp’s man Rory is thankful he was able to ‘move on’ before being held to his word about fixing MoJ problems. 

Classic public sector really...

6 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Thats what I base my proposal on ??s

I guess Vesp’s man Rory is thankful he was able to ‘move on’ before being held to his word about fixing MoJ problems. 

Classic public sector really...

Then it's a fair shout IMO. It still doesn't answer how we stop these young fellas killing each other in the mean time. 

Decriminalise and legalise drugs?

Because legalising alcohol solved all the problems related to it? If only it were that simple.
America’s biggest drug problem right now is pharmaceutical prescription opiates. (i.e legal drugs)
Harm minimalisation programmes have very little impact on the wider issues.
Knife and gun crime has degenerated from merely being ‘crimes’ to a phenomenon that has totally embedded itself into youth culture.
In a society where Hope has been eroded for many young people, joining a gang provides an escape, something to belong to, an income, prestige, etc..etc..
A massive culture change is needed.
Heavier sentences and deportation would be a start, but that isn’t going to solve the problem on its own.
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, felixthelogchopper said:

No, I'm concerned about kids taking knives into school for no good reason but you're too stubborn to see that, just being concerned with proving your point. If you think they are taking them in for whittling sticks or cutting up fruit then you are either incredibly naive or remarkably stupid. My initial post was about teenage boys taking them into school for no good reason. Fortunately the school had a bit more sense about it than you seem to.

I'm stubborn because I think I'm right about something that I think many people are dangerously wrong about. These are big arguments, trading liberty for security etc. I'm aware that sounds a bit exciting for a kid with a penknife but the arguments it raises are serious.

5 minutes ago, TIMON said:

Because legalising alcohol solved all the problems related to it? If only it were that simple.

No but it solved the problems (gangsters, quality, cost etc) various governments created in various eras of prohibition. That's one side of it though. I'd be hugely interested to hear what you think about drug prohibition from the addiction and health point of view.

No but it solved the problems (gangsters, quality, cost etc) various governments created in various eras of prohibition. That's one side of it though. I'd be hugely interested to hear what you think about drug prohibition from the addiction and health point of view.

I see people on a regular basis who suffer really nasty psychosis and drug induced schizophrenia from smoking hydroponic ‘skunk weed’ cannabis. I can’t see how legalising it is going to have a significant impact on people’s health.
Naturally or ‘sunlight’ grown cannabis isn’t as strong so there would always be a market for the stronger stuff.
Methadone is ‘legal’ heroin and it is really difficult to detox from compared to heroin and much worse from a health point of view.

• Like 3

Anyone read the article on the BBC this morning.
Older gangsters are paying and coercing young vulnerable kids to stab and shoot each other.
Ban adults?
To understand false logical premises in an argument,
Look at a Ven diagram.
As soon as you start generalising you miss the point.
Everyone is an individual.

I don't like drugs, legal or illegal.
However keeping the market in the hands of international organised crime???

Look at the death rate in Mexico.
Or South America
Asia
Africa

3-4 deaths in London
Is a side show distraction from the real goings on.

Look at the history of Afghanistans opium trade,
The golden triangle,
The South American cartels.
All controlled by the CIA and intelligence agencies.

READ YOUR HISTORY!!!!

[emoji12][emoji106]

I reckon alot of it is down to inceasing inequality and maggie thatchers fault. Also the big demand for cocaine & other drugs

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/jan/30/the-white-stuff-why-britain-cant-get-enough-cocaine

Britain is a cocaine-loving country, and its love for the drug is growing. The country snorts more cocaine than almost anywhere in Europe.

Don't reckon its to do with immigrants or race as highest murder rate is amongst "white" scots:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/958836/highest-murder-rate-UK-scotland-police-division-renfrewshire

Common factor is poverty.