Fiskars X46 versus Fiskars X46

Billhook

A Man can never have enough tools, so I thought a heavy maul would be a good idea

I thought that I was buying this

But what was delivered was this

Since Amazon or anywhere else do not seem to do the maul I opted to keep the axe and test it.   

I think that they are both mauls really and I may have been fobbed off with an out of production model

However it did split a very heavy bit of knotty yew quite impressively.  It is so bloody heavy at 8lbs that I shall only use it on the occasional difficult log or give it to one of the lads to tire him out to keep him out of mischief.
It is still the X27 that is King

Edited by Billhook

28 minutes ago, Khriss said:

We found one of those highly polished green stone axes in a field a few years ago.  It apparently came from Langdale.

I have not fitted it to a shaft yet!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langdale_axe_industry

• Like 1