waste recycling from the arb and forestry industries - is it waste?

varna

Dear Fellow Professionals,

I am seeking your help to carry out a research project for my Level 6 Dissertation, relating to the recyclability of wood waste from the Arboricultural, Forestry and Sawmill industries. 

You may have seen a link to my survey in the recent Eblast that came out, however if not, I would appreciate it if you could take 10 minutes to complete the attached form on the link below as accurately as possible. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfhH7EEcVOW7Mk-caCMQYusf2VpGQJgc7L-XwF3U452GQUzRw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Kind regards,

Nick Rose (Dip Arb L4 ABC)

Redwood Tree Services Ltd

Company Registered in the UK:  5299072

Arb Approved Contractor AC2450  

8 Bardon Walk, Woking, Surrey, GU21 3DA

T: 01483 481175   M: 07837 177438

E: [email protected]

W: www.redwoodtreeservices.co.uk

1 hour ago, varna said:

Dear Fellow Professionals,

I am seeking your help to carry out a research project for my Level 6 Dissertation, relating to the recyclability of wood waste from the Arboricultural, Forestry and Sawmill industries. 

I would have loved to complete your questionnaire Nick  but cannot as I am retired.

I just wondered why you are posting from the dog's account?

Andrew

Done. 

Only question - what was your rationale for classifying firewood as high and low grade?

Accepting that certain types of wood command a higher price, would we be better trying to inculcate a change in attitude such that all wood is recognised as a usable resource rather than perpetuating the accepted norm?

Or is that just optimistic?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kevin

Yes absolutely, hence why I was asking if people considered what they generated is waste and not what the law dictates it is.

The firewood well high grade would be seasoned or kiln dried hardwood low grade softwood, leylandii mixed rubbish, people will burn it if they have an enclosed log burner I burnt sitka spruce for years back home as long as it was seasoned.

Companies I know locally are supplying green wood, others high quality ash only so I wanted to see how many companies supplied either both products or were more wanting to supply quality fuel, as I want to touch on peoples attitude to recycling in my dissertation and what people are prepared to do and what they won't, its interesting also that traditional forestry skills haven't even been mentioned

thanks for your time filling in my questionnaire