Bilking, don't worry

eggsarascal

2 minutes ago, nepia said:

I'm not trying to fall out with you, honest guv, but again I disagree.  Staff could have demanded verification of name and address; if refused call Old Bill - that refusal would be prima facie evidence of dishonesty.

Most for courts have cctv and can get number plates . Not a big deal I don't think .

1 hour ago, nepia said:

I'm not trying to fall out with you, honest guv, but again I disagree.  Staff could have demanded verification of name and address; if refused call Old Bill - that refusal would be prima facie evidence of dishonesty.

Don't worry about falling out, seriously, I'm not Labour / Momentum...  It really IS OK to have a discussion and start with differing points of view.  I prefer it that way (as Eggs would say - I could have an argument in phonebook (esp if the phone was disconnected)). Way I see it is there's little point having a discussion with someone that agrees...  It would just be a nodding session ?

In the case of the miscreant diner, staff could have "asked" for verification of name and address, they could also "demand" it - but that's not to say there is any obligation upon the miscreant diner to provide it.  Anyone can "ask" whatever they like, even the Rozzers can't "demand" information (except in very limited and well defined situations) and they become even further denuded after arrest (if that is the way things progress.)  

People, generally, are far too compliant with pseudo authority that seeks to exert powers they do not inherently have.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

In the case of the miscreant diner, staff could have "asked" for verification of name and address, they could also "demand" it - but that's not to say there is any obligation upon the miscreant diner to provide it.  Anyone can "ask" whatever they like, even the Rozzers can't "demand" information (except in very limited and well defined situations) and they become even further denuded after arrest (if that is the way things progress.)  

People, generally, are far too compliant with pseudo authority that seeks to exert powers they do not inherently have.  

The best thing they could have done is offer him a free dessert, and mix a turd in the chocolate sauce :birthday:

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

(as Eggs would say - I could have an argument in phonebook (esp if the phone was disconnected)).

Too true, then when ya get on the phone and I explain to you the error of your ways the penny drops in to the disconnected phone, yet you still keep coming back for more. when will you ever learn?

On 26/09/2019 at 14:59, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Quite right to, a perfectly reasonable action on your part. Where on earth did the store clerk think they had suddenly gained the power to detain you?

They probably do not have the power to detain anyone who has made an innocent mistake... but the request is valid... and all too often confused by most decent people to be an actual obligation.

I strongly recommend the Utube vids from Crimbodge , I have recently discovered his channel and its very entertaining ...He is sooo pissed with the police , but for good reason IMO from what he broadcasts.. its very educational about our rights, I have learnt a lot from his videos that would help in situations like this.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Woodlover said:

They probably do not have the power to detain anyone who has made an innocent mistake... but the request is valid... and all too often confused by most decent people to be an actual obligation.

I strongly recommend the Utube vids from Crimbodge , I have recently discovered his channel and its very entertaining ...He is sooo pissed with the police , but for good reason IMO from what he broadcasts.. its very educational about our rights, I have learnt a lot from his videos that would help in situations like this.

Seen some of them and agreed, he’s got a fair chip on both shoulders ?

Careful referencing YouTube as a source though, Vesp used to get a (often justifiable) lashing for leaning heavily upon a single source ??

Well. When you have the computing power of SkyLab in the palm of yr hand these days - its easy to get carried away... K

Edited by Khriss
Obvs using it to talk informed sense rather than absolute bollocks is the real trick here.....!