Grinder tooth quality?

Stumpy Grinder

Has anyone ever tried the various brands of teeth against each other to see if there is any difference in wear quality?

There is clearly a difference in price between Greenteeth for instance compared to Ammco or Rotatech equivalents.

Might be interesting to mount the various ones on the same wheel and see how they compare.

Anyone already tried this?

SG

My FSI B20 came equipped with genuine Greenteeth which are most excellent.

However, some other B20 users recommended QRMS teeth which are copies.

Looking at the price and others experience, these seemed worth a punt.

I get around 6 hours from the lead 2 pairs of teeth.

The genuine Greenteeth do seem to cut faster when new but I cannot detect any real difference in hours between the 2 makes.

Stuart

• 1 year later...

There are definetly differences. I sometimes fabricate my own teeth and tried various carbide types, from different sellers and manufacturers. 

Some are too brittle, some are too soft, some have the sweet spot. My current favourite was namend b40 by the seller, but I'm not from the island so not sure if this is a help. 

• Like 1