Bio stimmer line

Stere

Get though alot of strimmer lines every year so was just looking at the bio stuff as less plastic into the enviro etc.

https://www.oregonproducts.eu/site/products/biotrim/Biotrim_flyer_en.pdf

Anyone tried it compared to regular stuff etc?

From some reviews it wears down at twice the rate, thus abit more expensive & hassle i suppose....

6 minutes ago, sandspider said:

I use a blade for all my strimming... (But don't do too much delicate work to be fair).

Yes me too, I made the decision a few years back when I realised how much strimmer line was being issued to our crews, on the railway there is no option.

2 hours ago, Stere said:

Get though alot of strimmer lines every year so was just looking at the bio stuff as less plastic into the enviro etc.

https://www.oregonproducts.eu/site/products/biotrim/Biotrim_flyer_en.pdf

Anyone tried it compared to regular stuff etc?

From some reviews it wears down at twice the rate, thus abit more expensive & hassle i suppose....

I think this is the way to go frJones do 87m for about £11 I will order some and try it 

I use a blade for all my strimming... (But don't do too much delicate work to be fair).

I find using blade alot slower speed doing grass & also leaves less tidy finish. Also do alot of strimming along fences and walls. Blades cut  straight though the pig netting if you catch it  ?

They should really made all new strimmer line bio though 

Scythe would be most eco ?

I do sometimes strim larger open areas (but thats not really the job for what a strimmer is designed for)

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, rapalaman said:

Just got an order delivered and tried it today. Very springy and awkward to load and wears down incredibly quickly. Won’t be buying this again! 

Thanks for letting us know. I'll sticjk with steel one way or another

I was helping barrier off a bit of bridleway that had fallen into the river today, I ended up using an old fagging hook to widen the verge opposite the barrier as my mulcher blade was verboten.

5 hours ago, openspaceman said:

Thanks for letting us know. I'll sticjk with steel one way or another

I was helping barrier off a bit of bridleway that had fallen into the river today, I ended up using an old fagging hook to widen the verge opposite the barrier as my mulcher blade was verboten.

Why were you not allowed to use a mulcher blade ?

21 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Why were you not allowed to use a mulcher blade ?

It was a task for volunteers, the LA are the highway authority and stipulate only their power tools be used.

The charity sent me on a refresher course for brushcutter in April but have not allowed me to use one yet, landowners are okay but insurance is an issue.

Incidentally at the refresher course we were equipped with the LA's machines which the trainer rejected as not fit to use.

• Haha 2