How to get free firewood

Steve Bullman

Very pretty.

For general public use (like me!) do you think it is worth adding some links on processing/seasoning your own timber?  Maybe also a link to the book "Norwegian Wood" ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Norwegian-Wood-Non-fiction-Book-Year/dp/0857052551 ).  I found this to be a very good book to read on the subject (and quite a good read anyway)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rob_the_Sparky said:

Very pretty.

For general public use (like me!) do you think it is worth adding some links on processing/seasoning your own timber?  Maybe also a link to the book "Norwegian Wood" ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Norwegian-Wood-Non-fiction-Book-Year/dp/0857052551 ).  I found this to be a very good book to read on the subject (and quite a good read anyway)

That is a quite superb read I found.   Ladies,  how to select your husband by his wood pile in one section,  it ends no wood pile no husband, !.

• Like 2

I've got halfway through completing a listing several times but then stopped.  I have a close by tree guy I've befriended/have a good relationship with.  He only puts out clean stuff (nothing with metal or whatever embedded), and although i normally drive (3.5 miles) and collect, he will text when he has oak, etc. and occasionally will deliver.  I make sure to not make a mess where i collect from, I like a bit of softwood for starting fires and feel its only fair of me to take some.  All in all it must be good for him as he texts, puts oak aside and generally looks out for me, so I do my very best to be good for him too.

The one time I got wood from another guy after hearing him cutting nearby I ended up with a load of the biggest gnarliest ash crotches all riddled with brick and loads and loads of barbed wire!  Its put me off approaching anyone else!  Besides I'm not short of wood so I'm choosy these days.

The tip site is a great idea though and if I ever move or lose my usual tree guy I'd get a listing on there.

• Like 3