Mobile phones....

swinny

Just wondering what mobiles people are using nowadays?

My contract finished a good while ago maybe 12mth and been sim only since.... As per usual the first mobile never lasted the 24 mth contract i was in and it got smashed lol

So i bought another iphone off my mate to put me on but this things dieing now also!

Looked online and nowadays theyre trying to tie you in to a 3 year contract! New phone will never survive :D

Also one thing my mrs pointed out was new phone was like 39.00pcm.... same mins, texts and data as currently which is only 13.00 pcm. They showed me brake down and phone was 11.00 pcm and they were charging me 28.00 pcm for same mins, text and data i get now... sneaky sods...

Anyhow.... Any durable phones out there?

Cheers :D

I generally go for second-hand phones as when things go wrong any phone might get smashed and a sim card. Happen to be on a contract as got a good deal but when it expires it will back to Ebay. Huwie P10 light is what I am on at present in cheapish case and screen protector. Broke a couple of screen protectors but the phone is doing well and other than the camera the phone is pretty slick with a good battery and been faultless to date.

Edited by Woodworks
  • Like 2

In this industry, I just buy my phones outright as they don't last the length of their contract due to getting smashed or stop working. I usually budget for £100 a year and buy a new model every year on a month only sim. My monthly bill is £10 a month. I don't get fooled into buying the latest iphone for £60 a month+ contracts. It is such a con! Phones are built to break in this time so the manufacturers make even more money. I do believe that phone manufacturers put technology into their phones that slow them down after period of time, so the user is then persuaded to buy another phone.

I alway buy my phone's and have a SIM only contract I'm paying £19 a month for unlimited text calls and data my phone is a Samsung galaxy s7 cost 350 new a year ago and I usually keep phone's 2 - 3 years then buy new but not the lastest out at the time and I never actually broke a phone.

Think my old one was a 4... used to have one of them armour cases on and was great but got scratched to buggery! Took it out of that and put in a normal case got smashed!

got a 6 in a normal case and screen protector. Didnt help when i left it on rear mudguard of tractor and set off down the road :(

new second hand phone surviving well but slow as buggery and battery shameful. Not dead yet though