Springwatch

5 shires

I don’t mind him, better than Bill Oddie who was always so irritable and condescending.

Having said that I don’t watch it anymore, there’s only so much nesting bird stuff and rutting deer a man can take. Seen it all before.

Bill Oddie went downhill after the goodies. ☹️
  • Like 1

Interesting take on Bill Oddie here.  I couldn't stand him; he was rude to the other presenters because he was The Man - he thought.  I have it on good authority from someone who's met him a few times at functions that that was the real him; he's not the nicest person it seems.

Michaela Strachan doesn't bother me, probably because I'm too old to care, and I give Packham a lot of leeway because just appearing in front of a camera with other people about is such an effort for him.

Did none of you watch 'Chris Packham; Aspergers and me'?  I don't ask you to like the guy but cut him some slack for Heaven's sake; doing TV stuff on a subject he believes in is the polar opposite to what his condition wants him to do.

Lastly, please don't take the above as defence of his recent shooting crows shenanigans.  I'm just looking at the person.

And I've stopped watching Seasonwatch; bored now.

Edited by nepia
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, nepia said:

Did none of you watch 'Chris Packham; Aspergers and me'?  I don't ask you to like the guy but cut him some slack for Heaven's sake; doing TV stuff on a subject he believes in is the polar opposite to what his condition wants him to do.

Lastly, please don't take the above as defence of his recent shooting crows shenanigans.  I'm just looking at the person.

Whilst I disagree his views on countryside management (shooter myself), I still respect that his passion and care for UK wildlife is genuine, just has different opinions on how to get there. Personally couldn't hate and wish anyone ill for that.

But then again it's a sign of the times we live in I guess.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

Chris or should we say cwis packham is the biggest hipporcyt on this planet, all the upset he has just caused with regards to the general licence and the controll of vermin and then when he appeared on gmtv all he could say was, fake news, what a f  ing arsehole and then when he had recieved death threats his next statement was that he strongly backed the culling of dear! was this just to get back on side a bit and ease the anger, and has for her, well will show my age now she was with Pete Waterman on a show called the hitman and her, she looked ok back then but a bit rough now and yes quite annoying with it, not watched since Bill oddie went and never will if that arsehole cwis is on it, sore subject this one,

she certainly has gone downhill since those days spud,maybe too much partying,haha.

• Like 1

She what, 53yrs.  Some peeps show there age, some don’t..

anyhow who ever it  is on tv, maybe that’s there tv personality, they could be better or worsr in real life.

oh I did meet her once, seemed nice at the time...but that was more than 15yrs ago,,, more like 20yrs

Couldnt stand bloddie, or that flippin kate crumble, who thought she was the bees knees, she was crap on top gear, crap on springwatch. There is no beginnimgs to her talents.

Have met packham, nice guy, and lets be honest, he does know his stuff, an awful lot more than bloddie.  I know some on here have the knives out for him!