Jump to content
fonzy

Telehandler Log Grab

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Get a muck gripe n modify it. They will be cheaper second hand. K

I believe can be easily bent.... people say get hardox tines etc....

 

If your using it a lot i’d buy something decent but certainly not 5k’s worth!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Khriss said:

Get a muck gripe n modify it. They will be cheaper second hand. K

A "muck grape" should have Keverneland tines, Hardox or not, they are exceptionally strong, I recall being astounded at a farmer(using his own equipment) choosing to lift the rear of a stuck silage trailer with the tip of a Keverneland buckrake tine, it may have sprung a little, but it definately did NOT bend.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aiming to save the chap money, if he doing firewood, the basic frame work / hydraulics are all in place. Stick welder n square section n yr away . K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply's but I'll be buying new.  They are not a muck grape with clamping fingers.  If you look at the link it's a grapple and rotator.

 

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, fonzy said:

...... not a muck grape ...

But they are used for raisin things up.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless one can only access the ends of the logs in the stack, I am perplexed at the need for such a swivel grab, I would have thought a straightforward grab like: https://www.riko-uk.com/product/timber-grabs-loader-grabs/loader-grab-dutk105euro would be a better/cheaper bet.

But you obviously have a clearly defined requirement.

P.S.

From recall (based on comments on the Farming Forum) Albutt are probably the equivalent of Fendt in the tractor world, and priced accordingly. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, difflock said:

Unless one can only access the ends of the logs in the stack, I am perplexed at the need for such a swivel grab, I would have thought a straightforward grab like: https://www.riko-uk.com/product/timber-grabs-loader-grabs/loader-grab-dutk105euro would be a better/cheaper bet.

But you obviously have a clearly defined requirement.

P.S.

From recall (based on comments on the Farming Forum) Albutt are probably the equivalent of Fendt in the tractor world, and priced accordingly. 

Like the fendt quote 😂 

 

i have a kellfri log grab and its ok. Only 950 plus vat also so cheaper than the above and the rytec version

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, swinny said:

Like the fendt quote 😂 

 

i have a kellfri log grab and its ok. Only 950 plus vat also so cheaper than the above and the rytec version

Do you have a picture, or a link? 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.