Telehandler Log Grab

fonzy

1 hour ago, difflock said:

Unless one can only access the ends of the logs in the stack, I am perplexed at the need for such a swivel grab, I would have thought a straightforward grab like: https://www.riko-uk.com/product/timber-grabs-loader-grabs/loader-grab-dutk105euro would be a better/cheaper bet.

But you obviously have a clearly defined requirement.

P.S.

From recall (based on comments on the Farming Forum) Albutt are probably the equivalent of Fendt in the tractor world, and priced accordingly. 

It would give me more options having the rotator, better grading of the stack prior to processing.  The Uniforest one looks just as well built as the Albutt one.  

I've had a look at the kellfri although it looks lighter duty but I'll see.

• 3 weeks later...

Don’t use a muck grab ! The tines are strong but how warn is the box they sit in ? Used to use one myself . There’s two many tines for starters thinner stuff gets trapped between them the grab tines bend and there’s too many of those also you struggle to get them to close around your timber. 

5 hours ago, oldoaktree said:

Don’t use a muck grab ! The tines are strong but how warn is the box they sit in ? Used to use one myself . There’s two many tines for starters thinner stuff gets trapped between them the grab tines bend and there’s too many of those also you struggle to get them to close around your timber. 

Not at all my experience.  I welded some Matbro fittings to an old Sanderson Muck grab  (£150 sitting in a local dealers yard looking lonely and needing a new ram) and it has done more work than any other attachment.  The tines are strong as is the box section they are fitted to.

The four tines on the top grab do occasionally become bent but are easily straightened.  I load all the big lengths of timber onto the log deck with it.  I can bring up half a dozen ten inch diameter logs from the woods and I like the ability to slowly release the logs one by one.  

Of course it will still lift a large tree if it weighs under 2.7 tons but the Palax processor is comfortable with 10 inch maximum

But its other job is to pick up a mass of brash and I have not found a better tool for that job.

• Like 1

Two tines with and beak grab .

i bought this for £200 from a sawmill had to adjust the ram position but I’d say it’s just about indestructible .   

If  you need to pick one log up it will hold it tight it’s also good for pull post and wire fencing out snapping branches off around fields along with many other things.

muck grab is ok for the job but the right tool for the right job works much better.

2840ABC0-4111-4B12-A16E-82F69DE3FD0E.jpeg

2F317F18-F28B-4B5E-BFEC-954BAA548EC9.jpeg

• Like 3

On 24/06/2019 at 21:20, oldoaktree said:

Two tines with and beak grab .

i bought this for £200 from a sawmill had to adjust the ram position but I’d say it’s just about indestructible .   

If  you need to pick one log up it will hold it tight it’s also good for pull post and wire fencing out snapping branches off around fields along with many other things.

muck grab is ok for the job but the right tool for the right job works much better.

2840ABC0-4111-4B12-A16E-82F69DE3FD0E.jpeg

2F317F18-F28B-4B5E-BFEC-954BAA548EC9.jpeg

I will raise you one!

98D66C0C-7B97-4319-9674-2564DE77AA90.jpeg