Telehandler Log Grab

fonzy

We have one similar to the Kelfri that you’ve seen but maybe slightly stronger built. It’s on a JCB 530/70 loadall, brilliant bit of kit. Use it daily, in fact it hardly ever comes off the machine. Very precise, can pick individual logs out of a pile easily, stack them back up, etc. If you get an odd log fall funny on the log deck you can pick it out and place it back on. Was dubious when we first bought it but can definitely recommend. 

We even use it for stacking wrapped hayledge bales (only do about 50 so not worth having a squeezer), can knock tractor tyres off beads for punctures, picking big slabs off the mill, it’s surprisinging what you can use it for what you’d never think about especially with the rotator. 

Ours has grab and rotator, just bear in mind you’ll need a diverter valve (unless it’s already on the grab) to run  the separate services. Machines usually have a third service but that service needs to be able to supply the grab and rotator so needs splitting. We run in a cable down the boom and wired it to the horn in the cab, when you want the rotator just press the horn to divert hydraulics to the rotator, with the grab getting the undiverted flow.

Hopefully that all all makes sense.. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chrisy B said:

We have one similar to the Kelfri that you’ve seen but maybe slightly stronger built. It’s on a JCB 530/70 loadall, brilliant bit of kit. Use it daily, in fact it hardly ever comes off the machine. Very precise, can pick individual logs out of a pile easily, stack them back up, etc. If you get an odd log fall funny on the log deck you can pick it out and place it back on. Was dubious when we first bought it but can definitely recommend. 

We even use it for stacking wrapped hayledge bales (only do about 50 so not worth having a squeezer), can knock tractor tyres off beads for punctures, picking big slabs off the mill, it’s surprisinging what you can use it for what you’d never think about especially with the rotator. 

Ours has grab and rotator, just bear in mind you’ll need a diverter valve (unless it’s already on the grab) to run  the separate services. Machines usually have a third service but that service needs to be able to supply the grab and rotator so needs splitting. We run in a cable down the boom and wired it to the horn in the cab, when you want the rotator just press the horn to divert hydraulics to the rotator, with the grab getting the undiverted flow.

Hopefully that all all makes sense.. 

What make and model is it?

piccy would be good 

On 29/06/2019 at 16:12, Billhook said:

What make and model is it?

piccy would be good 

It’s a Duvelsdorf grab. Although I’ve looked on there webpage and it doesn’t look like they still make them. Very similar to the kelfri in the ops post. Couple of pictures of the diverter valve and quick coupling plugs for electric to diverter, sussy style cable to go between for boom extension and self retracts. Found ours second hand in the farmers guide, lucky find as was already on brackets to fit the machine, although 300 mile round trip to get it home.. 

58580B45-289F-4F19-8040-E95AD07622CD.jpeg

A3C91BAA-8E05-4D5A-B73A-A15E3CC0A1B9.jpeg

5CF7C1A1-7056-4EC8-80C0-98B310FAED48.jpeg

BEC2B6EE-0BBF-4BCB-B0A1-ADA525C2F9DC.jpeg

E5838B4D-1E11-4B90-818E-11A295884CCC.jpeg

1BFD7968-FF1C-47EB-96FD-619F6DCF2CA2.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Silverhooker said:

You've got some decent kit there sir ! I would have been nibbling away at that for ages with the chainsaw !!!

That came later!   Actually the main trunk was half rotten as you can see and I cut it up with the Lucas Mill into 8x8 inch lengths which I then put through the processor.  The resulting 8x8x16 inch logs were surprisingly good for loading into the wood stove as because they were so tightly packed they stayed in burning for hours.

When the Lucas is cutting 8x8s it soon makes a large tree trunk disappear!

I could easily have pulled the tree along with just the Cat D7, but it had fallen into the ditch and the trunk was embedded in the bank hence I had to lift it up first with the Matbro to clear the bank.

On another note, Daisy Etta has just returned from her doctor following a very expensive heart transplant operation.  The Beast from the East attacked her a year ago and did an amazing amount of damage in that short cold snap.  It cracked the main 14 litre block and the cylinder head on the donkey despite being under cover and surrounded by one ton boxes of wood.

My little Fiat Panda 4x4 was out exposed in the same weather with no antifreeze and did not suffer at all.

I have really missed Daisy Etta for a whole year as she does so much in the woods and on the roads.