Pigeon Shooting

Lazurus

22 minutes ago, arboriculturist said:

Good to hear of others protecting the crops and feeding the family. Canada goose tonight, an acquired taste buy with some decent gravy I like it and well fed on a Farmer's barley, which is exactly where it was controlled., 36G No. 1's this time though.

That's a heavy load, what you putting them through?

1 minute ago, Lazurus said:

This is the little beastie, cheap as chips built like and possible from tanks, ideal hedgerow gun and around farm buildings and live stock, ticks all the boxes for me, and a nice change from an O/U.

Capture.PNG

The 20 bore 3 shot is a usefull decoying gun and much lighter than the equivalent 12G.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all nick here, recent email from BASC says there are three re schedules covering our bird pests . Since I shoot pigeons which are feral and protecting the risk of disease to the general public under schedule 35.

now forgive my vague information, but please check with BASC as the information is there for us all to see. I intend to print off and keep with me whilst I do my work. You must bare in mind all alternatives have been tried before the final action is required.

On 02/06/2019 at 16:32, Lazurus said:

This is the little beastie, cheap as chips built like and possible from tanks, ideal hedgerow gun and around farm buildings and live stock, ticks all the boxes for me, and a nice change from an O/U.

Capture.PNG

Nice gun,so quite and very effective.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stubby said:

Its all back to as it was since Fri 14th June I think ?  

Pretty much except:

Collard doves off the licence. You need to apply for a specific licence where control is necessary.

NO pest control within 300 metres  of European Protected Sites (Special Protection Areas, Special Areas of Conservation or Ramsar sites).

Following the challenge on the General Licences I think all fieldsports sportspersons need to ensure they represent the shooting community in as diplomatic way as possible. The anti shooting fraternity are not going to go away and therefore we to carry out our activities as responsibly as reasonably possible. 

Minimise annoying the general public by keeping as low key as possible for the greater good however annoying you may find this

!

We would all do well to treat the events over the last few months as a wake up call.

• Like 2